News Welcome to Hawthorn Tyrone Vickery's cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

No Afl inquiry for you ;)

With all due respect in this instance i don't care about hawthorn or vickery and whatever went on.

A guy on the saints board is advocating a viable way of getting fyfe to the saints as a FA is to 'do a vickery'.
Basically he reckons offer him 2 years on 2mil/pa, then renegotiate and sign a longer deal only weeks after the original 2 year deal.
He's convinced Ty has already signed a 2nd contract with you guys for longer than the 2 year deal.

I'm telling him that's garbage because there is of course a nod and a wink that in a year or 2 Ty will be looked after with a 3rd year on peanuts... But until then it's still just a nod and wink- nothing formally contracted.

It seems he is misinformed?

With all due respect in this instance i don't care about hawthorn or vickery and whatever went on.

A guy on the saints board is advocating a viable way of getting fyfe to the saints as a FA is to 'do a vickery'.
Basically he reckons offer him 2 years on 2mil/pa, then renegotiate and sign a longer deal only weeks after the original 2 year deal.
He's convinced Ty has already signed a 2nd contract with you guys for longer than the 2 year deal.

I'm telling him that's garbage because there is of course a nod and a wink that in a year or 2 Ty will be looked after with a 3rd year on peanuts... But until then it's still just a nod and wink- nothing formally contracted.

It seems he is misinformed?
If they did do a deal like that, I'd wager that there are only 3 people in the world who would know about it; Graham Wright, Vickery and his manager

...and no way in the world will they will be telling anyone else about it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's a pass mark for goals for Vickery in 2017?

For mine, expecting he'll play a fair bit in the ruck, 30.
30 is too high for mine.
David Hale played a similar role and in a far better side, a very high scoring side also. Yet Hale never kicked more than 24 in a season.

Ty should be looking to kick 20 and ruck. He should be aiming for 2 tackles a game also.

First of all getting Fyfe over would be a multi year deal 4 if not 5 similar to Dangerfield.
Second I was just pulling your leg about the AFL inquiry and there is no word on Vickery's contract (Just like all other contract negotiations) they will come out in a timely manner

If they did do a deal like that, I'd wager that there are only 3 people in the world who would know about it; Graham Wright, Vickery and his manager

...and no way in the world will they will be telling anyone else about it...
ummm cough * cough * splutter... ssshhhhhhh

First of all getting Fyfe over would be a multi year deal 4 if not 5 similar to Dangerfield.
Second I was just pulling your leg about the AFL inquiry and there is no word on Vickery's contract (Just like all other contract negotiations) they will come out in a timely manner

I agree - I'm the one refuting the possibility of fyfe on a 2 year deal.
You've answered my question by confirming Ty hasn't put pen to paper again since his 2 year October deal.
Thanks

Should kick 35-40 goals.

His goal kicking is good and will revel in not having Riewoldt to contend with and some better delivery
cant think of many ruck forwards who kick 35-40 goals a season

As a pure forward, he's a chance. But I don't think he'll play as a pure forward

What's a pass mark for goals for Vickery in 2017?

For mine, expecting he'll play a fair bit in the ruck, 30.
Well, he's never kicked more than 36 in a season and he's only come close to that once. I'll go 22. Any more than that is a bonus.

I agree - I'm the one refuting the possibility of fyfe on a 2 year deal.
You've answered my question by confirming Ty hasn't put pen to paper again since his 2 year October deal.
Thanks

It wouldnt be signed but Im sure there is a gentlemens agreement and they re-sign at the end of 2017. I assume there would be conditions like not getting rubbed out for king hits.

But he will be here for at least 3 years.

And 30 goals sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back