News Welcome to Hawthorn Tyrone Vickery's cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not giving up on Tye, interesting drill I noticed both Tye and Roighy doing towards end of training was getting up quickly from laying on the ground and running to the six points of a horshoe would help in balancing on the balls of the feet instead of the heels

The only positive thing about the recruitment of Vickery is that we only signed him for 2 years. He's a disaster but at least we didn't sign him up for a long period of time or give up anything trade wise.

Clarko didn't really mince words in the presser today - where he is usually somewhat diplomatic with struggling players he just flatly said Vickery isn't playing well enough to hold a spot in the side. Dare say barring a mid-season revelation that he'll be traded in the off-season if we can find a suitor (which might be a struggle).

If the Hawks cut him that means we get the F-S/D in the future. Hoping the wife's sporting talent shines through.

The highest world ranking she's ever held is #157 - and she has never made it past the 1st round of any major tournament. I think you're hoping for a lot - she is like the Ty Vickery of tennis.

Clarko didn't really mince words in the presser today - where he is usually somewhat diplomatic with struggling players he just flatly said Vickery isn't playing well enough to hold a spot in the side. Dare say barring a mid-season revelation that he'll be traded in the off-season if we can find a suitor (which might be a struggle).
Signed him as an RFA he's on the books for two years no matter what so can't see him not being at the club next year, even if he retired he stays on the salary cap

Signed him as an RFA he's on the books for two years no matter what so can't see him not being at the club next year, even if he retired he stays on the salary cap
I'm sad for you guys. TV is an imposter and it's a shame that he'll have had ten years on an AFL list.

So there is a rule prohibiting the trade of a RFA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a lot more tennis players in the world than footballers

images

So there is a rule prohibiting the trade of a RFA?
I'm saying we'd have the contact on the books no matter where Ty is next year. If the club is on the hook for the cap hit either way why not keep him

Add to that I expect Fitz to retire sometime this year which means if we cut Ty we'd have to pickup another ruck sized player and pay them and I see no reason to move him on even if he's going to spend the next 18 months at Box Hill and be delisted, and it's really too early to say that

I'm saying we'd have the contact on the books no matter where Ty is next year. If the club is on the hook for the cap hit either way why not keep him

Add to that I expect Fitz to retire sometime this year which means if we cut Ty we'd have to pickup another ruck sized player and pay them and I see no reason to move him on even if he's going to spend the next 18 months at Box Hill and be delisted, and it's really too early to say that

I am no wizard on the salary cap - but I thought if you traded a contracted player then the remaining contract was up for negotiation?

That said - I can't see any club lining up to take him off our hands, so he will be a handy player for Box Hill for the next 18 months.

I am no wizard on the salary cap - but I thought if you traded a contracted player then the remaining contract was up for negotiation?

That said - I can't see any club lining up to take him off our hands, so he will be a handy player for Box Hill for the next 18 months.
RFA are different because the contract can impact the other clubs ability to match *cough* Buddy *cough*

It's to stop a club saying 2 years at $1 mil per season then renegotiating once they sign after the other club can't match

It's also why the AFL made a point of saying Buddy would be on the Swans cap for 8 years whether he made it to the end of the contract or not

A sour note to end Box Hill's win it is being reported that Ty was verbally abused by some people in Hawthorn colours at Eureka stadium
And our acting captain for the day had to step in
Ty this is not a representation of the family club
In this day of mobile phones I'm sure it will be published eventually
bloody idiots

I'm sad for you guys. TV is an imposter and it's a shame that he'll have had ten years on an AFL list.
I feel sorry for Tigers fans who are so void of football enjoyment that they continue to lay the boots into a player long after he's moved on from their club.

The continued online bullying of a guy who's never been a big name or a highly paid player is pretty disturbing, and now some mouthy campaigners are doing it at Box Hill games.

Probably some overweight has-been that stopped playing footy at U-12 level.

A sour note to end Box Hill's win it is being reported that Ty was verbally abused by some people in Hawthorn colours at Eureka stadium
And our acting captain for the day had to step in
Ty this is not a representation of the family club
In this day of mobile phones I'm sure it will be published eventually
I assume the story will be flipped into Ty giving the figure to a poor innocent (fat racist moron) fan

Only chance of trading Ty is if we are willing to pay 60-70 % of his contract.
Surely there's club with a ruck crisis that would give us a first rounder.

(sorry Ty - I really want this to work out but I need to see a lot more)

Edit - I feel a bit guilty posting that after reading those few posts immediately above. I respect Ty as a human and think it's really shitty when people rag hard on him online or offline. He never claimed to be a superstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back