News Welcome to Hawthorn Tyrone Vickery's cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this thread yet another battle over mental health? Christ, it's a boring topic. And battle trenches are dug and reinforced. This topic is like WWI in 1915.

Not really. We had a thoroughly decent poster change their tact over a discussion about it yesterday.

Can admit that I am ashamed of my initial stance regarding Ty when the news first broke. Whilst I never said he was guilty or made up stories, I was disappointed that he is potentially facing criminal charges combined with a poor year on field (IMO). But the way our club has gone out of its way to take care of Ty is a real eye opener, and an example I hope to follow in the future.

After reading that article im quite relived. I jump to a conclusion (something i dont do very often) and now have egg on my face.

Rock / hard place.

Sounds like his buisness partner stole money from the buisness so he should follow through with the law suit.

King was there to support vickery and seems to have taken the wrong approach, he might be in a bit of trouble. But there is a strong chance Vickery was unaware of the way king was conducting himself.

King "Hey mate, i do this type of thing do you mind if i talk to your buisness partner on your behalf?"

Vick "sure mate, thanks heaps!"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After reading that article im quite relived. I jump to a conclusion (something i dont do very often) and now have egg on my face.

Rock / hard place.

Sounds like his buisness partner stole money from the buisness so he should follow through with the law suit.

King was there to support vickery and seems to have taken the wrong approach, he might be in a bit of trouble. But there is a strong chance Vickery was unaware of the way king was conducting himself.

King "Hey mate, i do this type of thing do you mind if i talk to your buisness partner on your behalf?"

Vick "sure mate, thanks heaps!"

I suspect the tosser that's flogged the cash has done King over also. They were probably the instigator of the heated exchange, and were shrewd enough to make it work for them.

I suspect the tosser that's flogged the cash has done King over also. They were probably the instigator of the heated exchange, and were shrewd enough to make it work for them.
Seems more likely as well, king with all his flaws is actually a good human, like his intentions are generally in the right place. The other side seems very manipulative, so wouldnt put your suggestion past them.

Usually it's the opposite. Every wealthy person I know (and I know more than a few) say that money doesn't by happiness or even help with mental health issues, and often just exacerbates the problems you already have. Every poor guy I know reckons that money will be the answer to all their problems...

Yes. Having more money can sometimes create more problems. I am not rich by any means, but I learnt years ago to live within my means, make smart investments, and I've never had any money problems since. I've often asked people, "If you were to double your income overnight, what would you do"? The answer is usually to buy a bigger house, better car, travel more, etc. More money can raise the standard of living, but doesn't necessarily relieve money problems.

Just happened to have SEN on as I shot down to the shops a little while ago and heard Ralph say that the crime reporters are telling him that Vickery is likely to not be charged at all.

Interesting.

Just happened to have SEN on as I shot down to the shops a little while ago and heard Ralph say that the crime reporters are telling him that Vickery is likely to not be charged at all.

Interesting.
if true there were a few in this thread that massively jumped the gun, which is a surprise considering how measured big footy usually is in response to these sorts of things

if true there were a few in this thread that massively jumped the gun, which is a surprise considering how measured big footy usually is in response to these sorts of things
Bigfooty is super ultra measured, always.

Hmm. The allegations re King need to be clarified if it is true that Vickery isn't being charged. The media reports must be inaccurate about what is alleged...
Not really, King could have told police he did it off his own accord and Vickery knew nothing about King trying to recover the money or at least trying to recover it with the alleged threats and extortion. If King is saying something along these lines it would be hard for police to gain enough evidence that Vickery knew what King was doing and/or how he was allegedly trying to recover the money.

With the limited amount of info available atm, my best guess is quite a few of Vickery's friends knew about the issues he was having with the business partner and King maybe saw the stress it was causing his mate and thought he could get the money back seeing as he apparently is in that line of business. He has attempted to get the money back and Vickery most probably had very little knowledge of what King has allegedly done in his attempt to get the money back.
Chances are high even if Vickery knew King was trying to get the money back he just assumed King was going about it legally.

Last edited:
Not really, King could have told police he did it off his own accord and Vickery knew nothing about King trying to recover the money or at least trying to recover it with the alleged threats and extortion. If King is saying something along these lines it would be hard for police to gain enough evidence that Vickery knew what King was doing and/or how he was allegedly trying to recover the money.

With the limited amount of info available atm, my best guess is quite a few of Vickery's friends knew about the issues he was having with the business partner and King maybe saw the stress it was causing his mate and thought he could get the money back seeing as he apparently is in that line of business. He has attempted to get the money back and Vickery most probably had very little knowledge of what King has allegedly done in his attempt to get the money back.
Chances are high even if Vickery knew King was trying to get the money back he just assumed King was going about it legally.
Possibly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still staggered that Vickery would have anything to do with King on any level.
Back when Dan Jackson was still playing, Vickery, King and Jackson used to hang out together more then they did with others and seems that they still are good mates, very different people to King.

Back when Dan Jackson was still playing, Vickery, King and Jackson used to hang out together more then they did with others and seems that they still are good mates, very different people to King.

I don't know King at all, but he seems like one of those kids I went to school with who had a foot in each camp. In some ways a cheeky funny innocent guy with his heart in the right place, and yet getting caught with the wrong types of people and with a hard edge.

I don't know King at all, but he seems like one of those kids I went to school with who had a foot in each camp. In some ways a cheeky funny innocent guy with his heart in the right place, and yet getting caught with the wrong types of people and with a hard edge.

FWIW my old man taught him in primary school and that's exactly what he was like - a real aussie larrikin - still brings a smile to my dad's face remembering him

I wonder if the coaching staff have considered throwing TV into defense Jones style.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Usually it's the opposite. Every wealthy person I know (and I know more than a few) say that money doesn't by happiness or even help with mental health issues, and often just exacerbates the problems you already have. Every poor guy I know reckons that money will be the answer to all their problems...
Money doesn't buy happiness, but I'd prefer crying in a ferrari

Ty doesn't deserve the crap he cops from many on here, sure he didn't set the world on fire in the games he played however he was far from alone in that and in a few games he was quite serviceable and even good in a one or two, the fact hes way overpaid is the clubs fault not his.

However

For carrying a ******* cat around in a backpack he deserves to be ridiculed mercilessly.

Hope he plays a great one today at the BHH.

Good luck Ty !!
Would probably be a relief that its all out there in a way. Financial stress, whether it be business, or personal can be a worrying thing. A distraction from footy that he perhaps didnt need. Hope the club, and our network of supporters can assist him in resolving.
Not trying to sound callous, but we help him with these issues, I reckon he will reward us in spades in return. His best footy is still ahead of him.

Im not really a cat person, but given that he's shorn that ridiculous thing of his scone, I'm prepared to cut him some slack.

Hope you can get your mind back on the footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back