List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn Will Golds - pick 30, 2018 rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Best of luck Luke and Welcome to Hawthorn.

GOLD%20WEBSITE.png

"Playing with the Oakleigh Chargers in 2018, Golds managed eight TAC Cup appearances, averaging 23.5 disposals.

The Xavier College student overcame an ACL injury in 2017 to prove his draft credentials this season. "

Man am I happy with this pick. Run, class and he did this off the back of an ACL injury. The running half back we desperately need and can slot in on a wing if needed. Looks as though he will end up with a pretty good build too which will only help his promising inside work as well. Welcome to the Hawks Will, I look forward to watching you play.

Man am I happy with this pick. Run, class and he did this off the back of an ACL injury. The running half back we desperately need and can slot in on a wing if needed. Looks as though he will end up with a pretty good build too which will only help his promising inside work as well. Welcome to the Hawks Will, I look forward to watching you play.

Hawk supporting Will will be rapt with this.

hehehe
I went to Xavier
When I was in grade 5 (1995) Mr Golds coached the A's. Was a great, fun guy. Taught Science and computers and a homeroom. One of my favourite teachers until in class one day someone yelled out "hey Goldsy" and he flipped out in a way I've never seen a guy flip out. It was hilarious. Not sure why it triggered him so much.

Anyway - Will Golds looks exactly like my old footy coach. I reckon it's his son.

Can't comment on his footy prowess as have lost touch with staff at XC.
I can say that I attended primary school with his dad (St John's on Glenferrie Road, now called St Joseph's) and bump into him regularly at Hawks games. Will Golds hails from one of the biggest Hawk families there is. Think in the league of the Blood, McKenzie or King families if you know any of them. Hawthorn in their veins.
Look forward to seeing him blossom.

I can say that I attended primary school with his dad (St John's on Glenferrie Road, now called St Joseph's) and bump into him regularly at Hawks games. Will Golds hails from one of the biggest Hawk families there is. Think in the league of the Blood, McKenzie or King families if you know any of them. Hawthorn in their veins.
Great to see him in the Brown and Gold. Family must be stoked.

Best of luck Luke and Welcome to Hawthorn.

GOLD%20WEBSITE.png

"Playing with the Oakleigh Chargers in 2018, Golds managed eight TAC Cup appearances, averaging 23.5 disposals.

The Xavier College student overcame an ACL injury in 2017 to prove his draft credentials this season. "

Looks a likely prospect.

Almost mandatory to have an injury background for Hawk's selections. :)

Review of his performance in the TAC Cup Grand Final (AFLdraftcentral)

#31 Will Golds

The predominantly outside midfielder or wingman consistently found himself with ball in hand, winning it 25 times in a very productive outing. He is a player who loves to be on the move when in possession, whether it is darting through traffic or running to space to create a link up option. He is smart and releases it quickly, often with the next play up the field in mind. He gets in good positions and knows where to find a handball receive, while his kicking was creative despite a missed short pass in the middle that became a turnover during the third term. He did present Collier-Dawkins with a lovely long weighted pass inside 50 in the first quarter that helped earn his teammate a free kick and regularly hit up targets on the run.

This guy will be everything we hoped Lovell would be.

Great character and like King has over come adversity early on which will hold him in great stead.

* Lovell didn't get picked up by the way which says a lot.

Hey Wizz, I'm an old St. John's boy too. Same time as Ian Mort, one of our 1961 stars.

Welcome to the Mighty Hawks Will Golds.
Given time for his body to gain weight 68kg very light, but in time I can see, with progression that Will could be a replacement
on a wing.
The fact that Will is a hawks supporter I trust he will do well under the guidance of Sam Mitchell and learn from Smith
and Scully to grasp the opportunity he has been given and succeed long term.

Good luck Will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hehehe
I went to Xavier
When I was in grade 5 (1995) Mr Golds coached the A's. Was a great, fun guy. Taught Science and computers and a homeroom. One of my favourite teachers until in class one day someone yelled out "hey Goldsy" and he flipped out in a way I've never seen a guy flip out. It was hilarious. Not sure why it triggered him so much.

Anyway - Will Golds looks exactly like my old footy coach. I reckon it's his son.

Does Will have a brother called Tim?

Hey Wizz, I'm an old St. John's boy too. Same time as Ian Mort, one of our 1961 stars.

St Johns?
There is only one primary school: Hawthorn West: the alumni include David Parkin and the Big Dipper.

Its the only primary school in the suburb with “Hawthorn” in its name!

Last edited:
Steering away from discussions of schools (Dan Howe lives around the corner from mine and we frequently see him)

This bloke looks great and the perfect surname!

Excited for this guy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back