List Mgmt. Welcome to Isiah Winder (Pick 57 - 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloke looks like Oscar Allen.

Why did he go so late?

Most of the Carlton board wanted him with pick 31.

Go home factor?

Straight swap for Carroll in 2 years

Bloke looks like Oscar Allen.
Cameron Green looks like Allen.

You seen Oscar Allen roll up at training this week?

Oscar looks like Chris Hemsworth beefing up to look like Hulk Hogan.

Winder is also classed as 'General Defender' by the VFL nuffs yet played primarily midfield/FWD.

Played off half-back when playing league footy for Peel (3 games), mid for the colts team. Does like to push forward and kick goals though. Do see him as a crafty high half forward in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the small amount I've seen of him, he's kinda like a mini Petracca.

Fingers crossed he can transfer his skills to the elite level.

He looks to be an interesting player, can't really place anyone at AFL that plays like him. Often the smaller indigenous sorts just get pigeon holed into forward pocket roles, but Winder seems to do well up the ground. Sort of reminds of most of Rioli when he has stints through the middle.

Hate watching pre draft highlights as it ends in disappointment.

I remember watching Masten highlights pre draft thinking he was going to be a superstar and be a good replacement for Cuz.
I remember watching them thinking he was going to be a 200 game premiership player

He looks to be an interesting player, can't really place anyone at AFL that plays like him. Often the smaller indigenous sorts just get pigeon holed into forward pocket roles, but Winder seems to do well up the ground. Sort of reminds of most of Rioli when he has stints through the middle.

Maybe Steven Motlop at his best? Now when I think of Motlop I just picture the inconsistency and going missing in big games but early career projected to be an elite goalkicking HFF/Mid, razor skills and speed. Hopefully Winder applies himself to a more consistent career but at least in style see a lot of similarities

Remove this Banner Ad

Back