List Mgmt. Welcome to Isiah Winder (Pick 57 - 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

No from me
Should've explained that a bit more I guess - meaning Langdon, Jones, even an improved Cameron and any new players with some spark who get a gig in the 22, for me it will ease the pain if we lose Rioli (a distraction or otherwise) - so it's a yes from me!
but probably nobody really replaces a Rioli...

Last edited:
Watching a bit of NTFL footy on the NITV channel at the moment. Tiwi Bombers getting absolutely pantsed by Wanderers. 100 pts and it's not half time. Familiar names such as Motlop (3), Tippenwadi(?), etc... not a Rioli to be seen.

The Rioli family are mourning the recent passing of Helena Kapala Rioli. The wife of Cyril Snr, grandmother of our Willie Jnr.

The Tiwi's and in particular Pirlangimpi are in 'sorry time' and basically half of the Tiwi Bombers squad are not playing ATM.

So hence so few well known names playing. It was a training drill for Wanderers against the Tiwi Island C grade squad on the weekend.

The Rioli family are mourning the recent passing of Helena Kapala Rioli. The wife of Cyril Snr, grandmother of our Willie Jnr.

The Tiwi's and in particular Pirlangimpi are in 'sorry time' and basically half of the Tiwi Bombers squad are not playing ATM.

So hence so few well known names playing. It was a training drill for Wanderers against the Tiwi Island C grade squad on the weekend.

As well as for Saint Mary's, they also had their Rioli boys MIA, as well as a few others.

Yes, as I noted in my next post (2 down) at #99.

Cyril Rioli Jnr and a couple of family members were present at this game as spectators however.

Bump.

So whats happening with Isiah?

Injured?

Not fit enough / rehab?
I don't know, he looks a fair bit heavier than he was at the end of last year.

In the intra game he'd have a few high intensity plays then look completely gassed and was essentially a spectator until he recovered.

I'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't have the professionalism/attitude to make a player of himself tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something along the lines of - That we continue to reward players with games who chip around and stat pad while there are players having to put in double the work to get a game.

Something along the lines of - That we continue to reward players with games who chip around and stat pad while there are players having to put in double the work to get a game.
Gee. That’s quite a Gaff.

It's not easy to put on bulk and retain high cardio at the same time. From last year he needed to bulk up and looks to be partway through that process. Hopefully we aren't expecting him to be a top runner while getting his body to the right size.

Lol what like XON?

Ainsworth?

Gut feel is he needs to build fitness to run out games.

Something fishy about this one.
But those guys still played a few games a year and not just as an unused sub.
He played one game last year, only as an unused sub once this year.
I'd like to see him come on, but the signs aren't great at the moment. Hopefully he can turn it around. First step would be to play well for the reserves.

Apart from those highly regarded or taken relatively early (1st or 2nd round), we seemingly have a pattern of giving players who aren't given an extension in the first year until the end of their 2nd year to impress (regardless of injury) or they are given the boot.
For example I thought Ben Johnson had some potential and could've been given more time to develop, but after not playing a game in his first 2 years and not being a standout at WAFL level, he was promptly delisted after his 2 year contract ended. Being a low pick definitely would've worked against him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back