List Mgmt. Welcome to Luke Edwards (Pick 52 - 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Got bullied by the bigger bodied bullies mids but tried hard.

Can't be faulted when his far more experienced team mates absolutely shat the bed around him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke is totally going to get dropped. Simpson will make a STATEMENT at the selection table this week.

Sucks because Edwards 4 touches to me go down easier than Kelly's 14.

At least it looked like he was trying. Had 2 tackles compared to Kelly who had none. Also only played 60% TOG.

Bloke is totally going to get dropped. Simpson will make a STATEMENT at the selection table this week.

At least it looked like he was trying. Had 2 tackles compared to Kelly who had none. Also only played 60% TOG.

2 too many tackles, delist

Statement, swinging the axe, etc

Out: Edwards, Cole, Waterman

Hardly got a look in for pure midfield time with all the inclusions. Hope we persist. Edwards is the future whereas Hutchings will be delisted come year end.

He legit clocked up the most km's on the ground at high speed, 2.4km's.

Also the highest average speed on the ground, 9.6km's.

And 4th most total km's on the ground with 14.3km's. In 60% gametime.

He definitely got his 'hands' on the ball a bit more than his disposals suggest

Probably could've finished with 10 touches which looks a lot better with his low gametime. Half a dozen times he got possession at a stoppage but despite efforts, couldn't break the tackle to get a disposal away. Understandable for a first year player.

Another time Barrass totally cooks him by missing a 20m pass and kicking it out on the full.

At this stage of his development he's an outside mid/wing.

The more experienced mids were so comprehensively smashed in and around the contest, there were barely any clean looks at the ball.

Unfortunately for him, those who failed to put up any resistance will stay (because experience and credits in the bank etc) and he'll be an easy scapegoat.

It's possible to like a player, believe he has a bright future at the club, wish the best for him, and also admit that he had a stinker yesterday.
If he gets dropped this week - and personally I hope he doesn't - it won't be because he is a "scapegoat", it will be because he is a midfielder who got 5 touches in a game.

Rather they drop some underperforming experienced players.

JD and Gaff have looked disinterested for a while, one or both should be dropped as a wake up call and I don't think the team would notice their absence right now......not in the form they're in.

I'd stick with Edwards who did play a blinder two weeks ago.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back