List Mgmt. Welcome to Luke Edwards (Pick 52 - 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Veteran talent evaluator Gary Buckenara released his top 50 draft prospects recently for the Herald Sun, with Luke Edwards coming in 29th.

Sounded really impressive this morning on SEN SA having to carry Kane Cornes through an interview.

Any link ?

So that an old fart like me can listen to it on my Crystal Set.

download-6.jpg

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
He seems absolutely stoked to get the chance with us, loving the enthusiasm. Also great to read about how many players have been calling him.

Loved the way his dad went about it back in the day. If he has the same work ethic instilled in him, he'll do well.

If you go to the Latest tab and click on Podcasts, that's where they keep the radio snippets now:

Thanks DanWCE crystal set linked in beautifully with the podcast.

Love the kids attitude, his enthusiasm and gratitude to West Coast for drafting him was very evident.

Like the pick up, as I posted elsewhere, after the 2019 Championships I had a late second round grade on him and you don't loose talent so very happy to have picked him up with pick 52.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks DanWCE crystal set linked in beautifully with the podcast.

Love the kids attitude, his enthusiasm and gratitude to West Coast for drafting him was very evident.

Like the pick up, as I posted elsewhere, after the 2019 Championships I had a late second round grade on him and you don't loose talent so very happy to have picked him up with pick 52.

He sounds very driven as well. Not only to prove Adelaide wrong but also to improve his consistency and output after what he sums up as a disappointing 2020.

The fact his old man has done it all before him would really help with his expectations and understanding of what's required and how to make a good impression early.

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Is it just me or do we have no highlights of Edwards other than like 20 second clips of the same checkide goal? The club would have had so much footage cut over his games to show coaches etc and club offers nothing to us. Not even a token 2 min video.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Is it just me or do we have no highlights of Edwards other than like 20 second clips of the same checkide goal? The club would have had so much footage cut over his games to show coaches etc and club offers nothing to us. Not even a token 2 min video.
He has 2 other clips, I linked them in the 1st post.
Also here:

Wow, just looked on the club YouTube page and there is a 50 second clip of Trew, a 19 second snap by Edwards and nothing for Winder.

Way below what you’d expect from an AFL club in 2020.

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow, just looked on the club YouTube page and there is a 50 second clip of Trew, a 19 second snap by Edwards and nothing for Winder.

The club just takes the piss with what they offer supporters

Just by way of simple example, here is what the Hawks did for Brockman like an hour after the draft: https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1607515993001

I dont expect much but 50 seconds of highlights across games like that isnt hard. Hawks managed it on draft night ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spange

Club Legend
May 24, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NBA: Thunder
Just read that his 20m time was getting to matt priddis levels at 3.25 sec
His sprinting technique looked like it could use a full rebuild. Knees and toes pointing all over the shop. Eagles sports gurus going to need to spend some time sorting that out.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
His sprinting technique looked like it could use a full rebuild. Knees and toes pointing all over the shop. Eagles sports gurus going to need to spend some time sorting that out.
If theres room for improvement maybe theres some hope

Not really interested in treacle slow mids

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
If theres room for improvement maybe theres some hope

Not really interested in treacle slow mids
Mitchell was slow AF but his disposal was top notch and always seemed to find space. If Priddis was a good kick we'd have had no issues with him but it was just loopy up and unders.

If it’s any reassurance and for what it’s worth I have seen Edwards play in three entire games and I am happy that he is on our list. 👍

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I love watching Yeos from Brissy when we got him. You could see he had sone X factor.
190 cm bloke taking hangers and streaming out of defence. Sounds bad but I reckon if we had an elite midfield Yeo would have been even more of a weapon off half back.

Beast mode lovechild of Jeremy Howe and Adam Saad

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth

Our team is a long ling way behind the eightball in using this newfangled internet pipes

So far behind in fact, im surprised the coalition hasnt poached them to run nbn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back