Player Watch #50: Ben Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Dynamic.

Two, BIG POWERFUL marks in the last quarter from a BIG POWERFUL forward.
excited ralph wiggum GIF

It's not a once off, his form has been s**t for a long time.
Yes he has the past 2 seasons; and I had payed out both TMc and BBB's contracts in my mind at end of 2023....

------------------

This year he's been good, in the games over in SA.
------------------

No forward would be able to play in last nights team effort. It was terrible. Not BBB's fault at all.

Yes he has the past 2 seasons; and I had payed out both TMc and BBB's contracts in my mind at end of 2023....

------------------

This year he's been good, in the games over in SA.
------------------

No forward would be able to play in last nights team effort. It was terrible. Not BBB's fault at all.
He was OK against Port Adelaide, but he has not been good at all this year.

We simply can't play 3 talls + Fritsch. It's diabolically slow. The oppo just walks it out of the 50 with ease every time.

BBB out and only to ever come back in the event of a mass injury crisis...so he can act as a decoy and let others be the target anyway.

I am one of BBBs biggest supporters but he has to go. He's a great guy and helped us in our flag year but currently is a liability. It's not his fault the forward line is slow and bad but he is the weakest link and this needs to be fixed.

We need more speed and pressure there. (+ Fixing positioning and entries but I've lost hope that will ever happen).

We simply can't play 3 talls + Fritsch. It's diabolically slow. The oppo just walks it out of the 50 with ease every time.

BBB out and only to ever come back in the event of a mass injury crisis...so he can act as a decoy and let others be the target anyway.
Fritsch has been as soft as any time over his career this season. plays when he feels like it.

Doesn't go, when there's a chance of any physical contact that he doesn't like.

Who's the other tall. BBB & Vanrooyen.

Fritsch isn't a tall. And plays small, far too often. Fritsch is a lurker.
He doesn't create his own footy plays, anywhere near often enogh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's the other tall. BBB & Vanrooyen.

Fritsch isn't a tall. And plays small, far too often. Fritsch is a lurker.
He doesn't create his own footy plays, anywhere near often enogh.

BBB, JVR, Petty.

Need to cull BBB from those and replace with a small.

Agree that Fritsch has actually been pretty s**t this year despite still managing to hit the scoreboard. Has been even softer than usual.

BBB, JVR, Petty.

Need to cull BBB from those and replace with a small.

Agree that Fritsch has actually been pretty s**t this year despite still managing to hit the scoreboard. Has been even softer than usual.
Ah Petty, of course.
He's been a bit invisible in my minds eye so far.

There has been the odd Qtr where Fritta has pulled the finger out and gone in... but far too often he backs away from physical contests. Last year, and this so far.

I think this is partly why we went for Tholstrup; who I believe can be strong in the air for his size.
Interchangable with Tracca up forward, but with a point of difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back