Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
1605154707528.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a steal.

He's collateral damage for us for a year where for North it was Murphy's law.

There's a whole lot of good, takes the ball at its highest point, runs more than anyone, has been incredibly accurate over the journey, and he is superb with fans off field.

There is some not so good, Bigger body defenders can move him off the ball, and he'll struggle to keep his feet some times.

I give you probably the first 5 or so games before you're over the commentators talking about how long his run up is.

Well done. If I had my way he'd still be in Blue and White, c'est la vie.

You have a steal.

He's collateral damage for us for a year where for North it was Murphy's law.

There's a whole lot of good, takes the ball at its highest point, runs more than anyone, has been incredibly accurate over the journey, and he is superb with fans off field.

There is some not so good, Bigger body defenders can move him off the ball, and he'll struggle to keep his feet some times.

I give you probably the first 5 or so games before you're over the commentators talking about how long his run up is.

Well done. If I had my way he'd still be in Blue and White, c'est la vie.
For what we've given up for him i don't care if he gets moved off the ball by Caleb Daniel tbh.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I Gotta agree with what OF said, you got a good get here, if (more likely when) BBB gets his lead up timing right again he is a very capable lead up fwd, and the bloke has a massive clutch, when his mind is on the job his set shot routing whilst a little unconventional is solid as a rock, for what you blokes gave for him even a 40 goal season would be a massive return.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great pickup. I feel like when our forward line is struggling it is incredibly stagnant with not enough players getting seperation on the lead and waiting for the other guy to lead and create the space.

With Ben Brown he will kick goals but more importantly he'll run 15-18kms a game and always be on his bike. Tmac in 2018 was great at his too before he lost his mobility. This will create a lot of space behind him and hopefully give Pickett and Spargo a real focal point to be at the foot of. He's bloody predictable but when he's on he's still so hard to stop. Will draw the 3rd defender over to his contest to try and intercept which will give a lot of opportunities to Weid/Fritsch.

He doesn't need to kick 60 to make us a better team. I'd prefer if he we didn't kick it to him with every single entry like North did at times. Brown kicking 40, Weid kicking 35 and Fritsch kicking 35 makes us a much more dangerous team than Brown kicking a bag each week.

knackers29

Senior List
Jun 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ben Brown trying to find space to lead in our forward line...
2rrFBbH.gif

Back