Player Watch Charlie Dixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dixon's deja-vu
IT WAS deja-vu for Charlie Dixon at the club recently, when a member of his old junior club in Queensland dropped by for a visit. 10-year-old Cairns Saints player Ryan Marsh came along to an open training session at Alberton, sporting the very guernsey Dixon first donned back in the 90s! Cairns-born Dixon chatted with the young fan about footy, his old club and life at Port Adelaide.

Ryan’s dad Ian said it was a real thrill for his son to meet his fellow club alumni and favourite Power player. “I am sure they know what it can mean to a small chap who loves footy and loves watching his Power heroes,” he told portadelaidefc.com.au. Ryan’s family, right back to his great-grandparents, are passionate Port supporters through and through. They continue to bleed black, white and teal despite making the move to Queensland some years ago.“Ryan has been a member since birth, like all of his family…it was interesting hearing Tim Ginever tell Charlie he is representing generations of families, because we really felt that,” Ian said. “I’m glad my son is carrying the torch with today’s boys even though we live all the way north in Cairns.”..........
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-05-11/dixons-dejavu
dixon_ryan2_246X316.jpg

Dixon's deja-vu
IT WAS deja-vu for Charlie Dixon at the club recently, when a member of his old junior club in Queensland dropped by for a visit. 10-year-old Cairns Saints player Ryan Marsh came along to an open training session at Alberton, sporting the very guernsey Dixon first donned back in the 90s! Cairns-born Dixon chatted with the young fan about footy, his old club and life at Port Adelaide.

Ryan’s dad Ian said it was a real thrill for his son to meet his fellow club alumni and favourite Power player. “I am sure they know what it can mean to a small chap who loves footy and loves watching his Power heroes,” he told portadelaidefc.com.au. Ryan’s family, right back to his great-grandparents, are passionate Port supporters through and through. They continue to bleed black, white and teal despite making the move to Queensland some years ago.“Ryan has been a member since birth, like all of his family…it was interesting hearing Tim Ginever tell Charlie he is representing generations of families, because we really felt that,” Ian said. “I’m glad my son is carrying the torch with today’s boys even though we live all the way north in Cairns.”..........
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-05-11/dixons-dejavu
dixon_ryan2_246X316.jpg

Wowee. <3

John the Butcher

Does not support the Ken Hinkley Football Club
May 27, 2014
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Last edited:
17 goals in 7 matches at a new club
cant ask any more than that

look out when he settles in properly
Well you could, if he held onto all those marks he went for but couldn't hang onto, but he is ahead of where I said he would be ie his first 8 games average 1.5 goals and then next 14 or so average 3 goals a game.

Just to put it into perspective, as some people expected Big Dix to dominate from game 1, a 29 year old Plugger, the GOAT FF, kicked 36 goals in his first 7 games for the swans when he was the no.1 target and daylight second, Mikey O was only 18 and debuted in Rd 5, and the game was a lot different to today's zone and flooding defense which means a lot less one on one contests.

Stryke

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dix is doing ok - what I really love about him is his passion and exuberance. I definitely believe it has a positive flow on to other team members.
Bringing in new players such as Dix and DBJ has revitalised the group.

His fist pumps and goal celebrations are great.

He wears his heart on his sleeve!

Marvellous effort from Big Dix tonight. It was very much a Tredrea effort in that he roamed everywhere to provide a marking target up the ground when we struggled to get the ball outside our defensive 50. Its not his fault the stupid coaching mentality wont allow for a proper 2nd KPF to help out.

Hopefully one day we will kick it out in front of him like the Eagles player delivered to Kennedy and you can kick a bag as a result of some decent delivery. Not just bomb it high to Charlie tactics and he can jump against 3 oppo players or bloody 3 or 4 of our little guys who should be staying down for the crumbs.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Marvellous effort from Big Dix tonight. It was very much a Tredrea effort in that he roamed everywhere to provide a marking target up the ground when we struggled to get the ball outside our defensive 50. Its not his fault the stupid caching mentality wont allow for a proper 2nd KPF to help out.

Hopefully one day we will kick it out in front of him like the Eagles player delivered to Kennedy and you can kick a bag as a result of some decent delivery. Not just bomb it high to Charlie tactics and he can jump against 3 oppo players or bloody 3 or 4 of our little guys who should be staying down for the crumbs.
Our forwards coach Nicks needs to improve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back