News Welcome to Port Adelaide Charlie Dixon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lefti93

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, AEK FC
I think clubs have been rather thankful of GC for giving away players for high prices/or nothing and repeatedly ******* up the picks they get in.

Prestia(Rich), Smith(Geel), Dixon(Port), O'Meara(Haw), Weller (St.K), Caddy(Geel/Rich), Schade(Coll), Hickey(St.K)

and if he comes good Harley Bennell(Frem).
sheesh.. that's a serious side they could've had if they held onto those guys.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
I think clubs have been rather thankful of GC for giving away players for high prices/or nothing and repeatedly ******* up the picks they get in.

Prestia(Rich), Smith(Geel), Dixon(Port), O'Meara(Haw), Weller (St.K), Caddy(Geel/Rich), Schade(Coll), Hickey(St.K)

and if he comes good Harley Bennell(Frem).
And at the other end of the scale this is why the GWS will be scary between years 8 and 13

Bugg/Hombsch/Treloar/Bruce/Tyson/Hoskin-Elliot/Taylor Adams/Plowman/Boyd/McCarthy/Marchbank/ and a few others.

Andre

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I guess you haven't heard of a player called THE BIG CAPTAIN TEXAN TAYLOR TEX WAYNE CAREY WALKER BURGER.
Josh Jenkins looks at this post and starts singing 'What about me? It isn't fair, I Joe the Goose and it's like I'm not there'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andre

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Daniher tbh. Then maybe the big dick
i reckon that comes down to the old debate of do you value a CHF or FF more? I know strictly the roles don't exist anymore, but Dixon plays more as a CHF, Daniher more as a FF. And I'll take a dominate CHF (especially now with Marshall we have another real KPF there), over a dominate FF every day. Buddy is just a freak you'd of course take over either.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
After buddy is this guy the best atm?
Josh Kennedy is the most reliable KPF in the game. He has missed 5 games and will win the Coleman tomorrow. Buddy is an athletic freak, and has some freakish skills, but he is unreliable and barely takes a mark above his head the last few years.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Josh Kennedy is the most reliable KPF in the game. He has missed 5 games and will win the Coleman tomorrow. Buddy is an athletic freak, and has some freakish skills, but he is unreliable and barely takes a mark above his head the last few years.
Buddy!! Unreliable!!!! Have you lost the plot

TeeKray

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Moderator #9,198
Ben Brown is in the discussion for top 3 kpf too
Ben Brown is living proof that the theory that guys like Lockett, Dunstall, etc, wouldn't have survived in this era of footy is BS. Such a limited skill set (run in a straight line, mark, kick the footy straight) but so bloody effective at what he does. Would be nice to have both him and Big Dix!

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Buddy!! Unreliable!!!! Have you lost the plot
Whats his goalkicking like in big games and finals like?

What did he and how did he kick for goal in the 2012 GF? What did he kick in the 2016 GF?

He was on over $1mil in 2015 and went missing for the second half of the season.

He kicked 2.8 in his first game against the Hawks. He kicked 2.7 against us at Footy Park when we were crap around 2009 and cost the Hawks the game. He kicked 0.6 against Essendon when he was dominating the game early this year and if not for a Brendan Goddard's **** up Essendon would have won the game. These are the ones I remember of the top of my head. You can't rely on him to take an over head mark when on a lead even though he gets in front position. He has had 3 or 4 years where his goal conversion has been barely over 50%. That's not reliable. Tony Locket and Jason Dunstall were reliable KPF's. Buddy is a freak and he will do the freaky thing but he makes a lot of elementary mistakes for someone as gifted as he is and paid as well as he is. Yes you can rely on him doing something freaky.

Would you trust him to have a shot for you to kick a goal after the siren to win a big game on a relatively simple angle? I wouldn't, but I'd trust him to kick it from an impossible angle.

Top Bottom