Player Watch Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm.

Screen Shot 2015-08-06 at 18.52.23.png

The minute I said we were no chance for Dixon locked him in. Any other players we want? :D

Mind you I have no idea if Sam McClure has any credibility. But we all love a rumour.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
If Dixon were to be brought in, Schulz would be gone for sure, likewise with Butcher. Given what they are currently on, if we add one more player to the exits (maybe someone like Moore or O'Shea), we'd have more than enough room to fit Dixon. It pisses me off when clubs like Geelong are talking about adding Dangerfield, Selwood and Henderson (not to mention Clark last year); Hawthorn adding Dangerfield (was mentioned early in the year) and Frawley last year; Collingwood adding Dangerfield (again, talk of a scenario occurred early this year) and Aish; and Freo going after every single tall forward off contract in the last 3 years, offering mega bucks. But hey, we get into the market and everybody jumps on our throats saying we can't fit them all in the cap.

The bottom line is that you can fit whoever you want into the cap. It just becomes a matter of weighing up whether you want to juggle the money (in terms of front or back loading) such that you fit them in now, but will certainly have more cap difficulties long term. With the new TV deal coming soon, the $$$ coming to players will increase, given the cap will go up as well. So jamming the cap right now might not have so many problems long term.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Quick google search is putting me off a bit, given its one of those random facebook pagesView attachment 159794

Actually, this was very close to happening. Essendon came in at the last minute and offered Cooney a deal. Given Cooney's injury history, and the improved facilities at Essendon (compared to North Melbourne), the choice became easy. Had Essendon not swooped in he was going to North.

tizzay7

All Australian
Mar 23, 2011
Minto
AFL Club
Sydney
He's a tap ruck who can also go forward, clunk a mark and kick a goal. His endurance and mobility are in question IMO.

Had a knee injury for 2 years and has been playing in the SANFL this whole season. Was pretty average for the first half of the season but I think it's because he was still trying to find form and completely get over his injury + has never had a good tank. His last 2-3 weeks though have been very promising.

He is out of contract and I'd assume he will get another 1 year deal. Not sure he'd be up for trade because I reckon Ryder, Lobbe, Redden and Frampton will be our 4 rucks heading into next season.

Great thanks. Just as a hypothetical would a swap of craig bird get a deal done? He can play as a tagger and go up forward and hurt his player by bobbing up for a couple goals only 26 too.

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Actually, this was very close to happening. Essendon came in at the last minute and offered Cooney a deal. Given Cooney's injury history, and the improved facilities at Essendon (compared to North Melbourne), the choice became easy. Had Essendon not swooped in he was going to North.
In fairness to that Cooney rumour he wasn't far off on that, either North or Cooney backed out of that deal late.

Yep yep i remember this happening/being mentioned aswell now that youve both mentioned it, fair game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Marrett23

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2014
If the Dixon story is true then I'm all for him and no one else this trade period. We can afford him and I doubt he will be getting $750 grand from us. We won't over pay him salary wise, and he will fit in under the cap. My only worry is what it will cost us, definitely a 1st round pick and possibly a player.

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If the Dixon story is true then I'm all for him and no one else this trade period. We can afford him and I doubt he will be getting $750 grand from us. We won't over pay him salary wise, and he will fit in under the cap. My only worry is what it will cost us, definitely a 1st round pick and possibly a player.

Weve picked up ebert, gus/hombsch, white/polly, ryder in consecutive years in our trade/fa periods you just know even if its not dixon, our list managers have someone theyve dont extensive research on in mind....

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide has a great tradition of Queenslanders coming to play for our club...Che Cockatoo-Collins, Scott Hahn, Tony Bamford...uh...Brent Renouf

Edit: And harking back to our AFL bid video "Port Adelaide. The right choice. The only choice." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back