Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes I can be on the negative and assume the worst is going to happen, so...I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't get injured next week. How tragic would that be?

I felt the same way about Schulz on the eve of the 2013 finals.

The * would you even bring this up for ?

With a decent forward line structure next year (hopefully) it will be a contest between him and daniher for best tall forward in the league

Dix number three in the player ratings this week. Paddy Ryder number one but I cannot separate the two.

Just hop on the Dix Ryder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"He's a big, big man, and I'm a massive believer in big men playing in finals. Its almost a non negotiable."

Not as good as Josh Jenkins according to many on the Crows board general AFL thread...
If he had the tall forward support the the 'Goose' has, and the much better fwd structure they employ he would be dominant. The fact he has played a lone hand as the only bloke over 6 foot in our fwd line who can actually 'forward' all season means it is a miracle he has done anything at all.

As an aside, how much better would AFL 360 be if it was Gerard and Nicky Dal permanently.
I'm a fan of NDS in the media, speaks well & knowledgeable, doesn't sugercoat his likes & dislikes, likes the way we've gone about it for parts of the year & rates us a decent dark horse for the premiership.

I can see why he was Choco's biggest draft mistake, though I reckon Sloane & possibly Rockliff would be up there too.

Charlie "Glass Ankles" Dixon will play his first full season of H&A games when he plays on Saturday night and should play at least one final.

2011 Gold Coast 10 games
2012 Gold Coast 12
2013 Gold Coast 13
2014 Gold Coast 14
2015 Gold Coast 16
2016 Ports 18
2017 Ports 21*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back