Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Not a Tredrea but definitely a colossus. Awesome watching him take the ball at the top of his reach, cannot be spoiled. But that one handed ground play where he shrugs off tackles like insects while waving the footy around like a tennis ball is breathtaking.

Anyone who thinks we don't develop players just watch Charlie in action.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You cant be serious schulz was done, butcher wasnt up to it and nor is eddy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You'd be delisting guys left, right and center if you made snap judgement's on a pathetically small sample size of games like that.
I'll say it again he will kick goals at AFL level if given the chance they obviously have concerns about his pressure and getting up and back.. seems pretty mobile to me I'd keep him on the list.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Not a Tredrea but definitely a colossus. Awesome watching him take the ball at the top of his reach, cannot be spoiled. But that one handed ground play where he shrugs off tackles like insects while waving the footy around like a tennis ball is breathtaking.

I'm very thankful to the Gold Coast Suns that they decided to fix their culture issues by dumping big Charles on Ports.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm very thankful to the Gold Coast Suns that they decided to fix their culture issues by dumping big Charles on Ports.
I think clubs have been rather thankful of GC for giving away players for high prices/or nothing and repeatedly ******* up the picks they get in.

Prestia(Rich), Smith(Geel), Dixon(Port), O'Meara(Haw), Weller (St.K), Caddy(Geel/Rich), Schade(Coll), Hickey(St.K)

and if he comes good Harley Bennell(Frem).

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yes well I may have to eat my words about our poor player development.

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Charlie "Glass Ankles" Dixon will play his first full season of H&A games when he plays on Saturday night and should play at least one final.

2011 Gold Coast 10 games
2012 Gold Coast 12
2013 Gold Coast 13
2014 Gold Coast 14
2015 Gold Coast 16
2016 Ports 18
2017 Ports 21*
"And we have one late change..."

;)

I think clubs have been rather thankful of GC for giving away players for high prices/or nothing and repeatedly ******* up the picks they get in.

Prestia(Rich), Smith(Geel), Dixon(Port), O'Meara(Haw), Weller (St.K), Caddy(Geel/Rich), Schade(Coll), Hickey(St.K)

And Scott Clayton is lauded as some recruitment guru in the AFL and he has survived this long. I'm pretty sure part of the review will see him get the arse.

Lefti93

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, AEK FC

sheesh.. that's a serious side they could've had if they held onto those guys.

And at the other end of the scale this is why the GWS will be scary between years 8 and 13

Bugg/Hombsch/Treloar/Bruce/Tyson/Hoskin-Elliot/Taylor Adams/Plowman/Boyd/McCarthy/Marchbank/ and a few others.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I guess you haven't heard of a player called THE BIG CAPTAIN TEXAN TAYLOR TEX WAYNE CAREY WALKER BURGER.
Josh Jenkins looks at this post and starts singing 'What about me? It isn't fair, I Joe the Goose and it's like I'm not there'.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Daniher tbh. Then maybe the big dick
i reckon that comes down to the old debate of do you value a CHF or FF more? I know strictly the roles don't exist anymore, but Dixon plays more as a CHF, Daniher more as a FF. And I'll take a dominate CHF (especially now with Marshall we have another real KPF there), over a dominate FF every day. Buddy is just a freak you'd of course take over either.

Back