Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

I like how he's far too tall for the car.

Don't care about anything else.

Can remember back to the days Roger Delaynies dad ( He was about 6 feet 8 inches or so from memory) used to turn up to our games (junior footy) in a Minnie minor with the back seat taken out so he could fit into the car and drive.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Frank Port Adelaide forward Charlie Dixon admits he feared his AFL career was over during the lowest moments of his rehabilitation from a horrific leg injury that continues to plague him.

Dixon hasn’t played an AFL game since breaking his leg against West Coast in Round 21 last year. He was on track to play in Round 1 before he suffered a setback in his ankle, forcing him to scale back his rehabilitation program and go under the knife again.

In a positive development for Dixon and Port, the key forward said he’s aiming to return to the club’s line-up after its Round 12 bye.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...e/news-story/c42f36859565c7fd4470dbb512cc4c51

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Frank Port Adelaide forward Charlie Dixon admits he feared his AFL career was over during the lowest moments of his rehabilitation from a horrific leg injury that continues to plague him.

Dixon hasn’t played an AFL game since breaking his leg against West Coast in Round 21 last year. He was on track to play in Round 1 before he suffered a setback in his ankle, forcing him to scale back his rehabilitation program and go under the knife again.

In a positive development for Dixon and Port, the key forward said he’s aiming to return to the club’s line-up after its Round 12 bye.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...e/news-story/c42f36859565c7fd4470dbb512cc4c51
Please come back big fella.

Apr 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know he's not the most over-exuberant fella but he seemed pretty down in his interview on Fox last night. I follow him on social media and he would usually post a bit of him and his Miss Australia gf, but that hasnt happened in a while so i presume they might have split up. So if that has happened coupled with these injury setbacks you can imagine he would be feeling pretty down. Hopefully the big man can ramp up his training and really contribute in the second half of the season. It was so evident in that the Richmond game that we sorely missed a big man who can bring the ball to ground in a 1 on 3.

playing three to five games towards the end of the year could be good for his confidence and build for a great 2020.

davo999

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
playing three to five games towards the end of the year could be good for his confidence and build for a great 2020.
Yes I think this year looks like it might be a development year for us . With so many young players needing to come in . You never know I guess but I think realistically next year will be better for us and if Charlie can get back and get confident in his body it’ll be a plus for next year

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes I think this year looks like it might be a development year for us . With so many young players needing to come in . You never know I guess but I think realistically next year will be better for us and if Charlie can get back and get confident in his body it’ll be a plus for next year
As long as Lycett and Boak, Gray etc can hold their form next year,

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really good interview with big Charlie on Fox ... Very open about his struggles, with some nice insight into his love of cars.

Favorite car he has driven? - A porsche 911
Which player at Port would he liken it to? - Connor Rozee

ON THE MARK: JONATHON MARSH
(May 29) Charlie Dixon chats about his injury and motor sports hobby while Jonathan Marsh discusses his return to football after a two year retirement.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Get ready to get stuck into Dixon again if we don't go back to the early season attacking gameplan and level of performance. Not that it's his fault at all, but it's difficult being a forward in a team that doesn't make any attempt to play to your strengths.

He ruined his career coming to Port IMO. He would have been in demand anywhere and could have played somewhere that valued players in his position and built their gameplan around him.

It's a bit like Butch's dad being concerned that he was drafted to us because we were a rabble, when he actually should have been concerned because a few years later we'd hire Ken Hinkley and make his son's development something that the club stopped caring about.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Welcome back Charles.

One thing with Dixon and I have been more critical of him than most, is that I believe he benefited from SANFL time more than physically. Over the last few years he has been a guy that has had spells of ineffectiveness where he just seems to forget and lose faith in what he can do. Dropping back to the Magpies and beating up a few second grade footballers is good for his confidence and affirmation and I think something he could've used in the past. I think he's on a good track now to recover his 2017 touch hopefully (ken permitting).

Last edited:
Back