Player Watch Pick #23 (2019) - Dylan Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

What made you rate Bergman quite a while ago?

He fits how we actually want to play. Gets up and down the ground, long kick, good hands, high marking, clean disposal. Was never concerned about his low disposal numbers because I feel that's a product of him not playing with his teammates for the past two years due to injury...and it's not like Sandringham had a massive amount of disposal getters - 5 players averaged over 20 disposals per game...and a lot of that I feel has to do with trying to bump up their own draft stocks (like Angus Hanrahan, who didn't get drafted last year nor this year because he's too concerned with racking up stats instead of actually getting back and doing defensive work). Which isn't the best when you're a player who is down on self confidence to begin with.

I want him to play R1 because I want him to gain the confidence that he should already have. "I knew I definitely had the talent from the past but I didn't know whether it was still going to be there because I had been out so long. And just that confidence I needed to get back. I started to believe."

I can see Duursma, Bergman, Williams, Amon, Schofield (hopefully he has a growth spurt left in him and at least reaches the height of his old man) and Rozee being the most damaging forward of centre wing/general forward group in the AFL and daylight being second due to their versatility.

Feel for the poor prick he killed in that highlights clip at 1.30. Must have thought he was hit by a truck.
Yep saw that and thought mmmmmm......noice.
Mind you if it was the oppo they'd be dirty rotten snipers. Double standards? nah just your run o the mill footy fan.

Mind you if it was the oppo they'd be dirty rotten snipers. Double standards? nah just your run o the mill footy fan.
That doesn't look too dissimilar from the Charlie Cameron hit on Houston earlier this year. Some posters were calling for a suspension for that one.

That hit reminded me of Charlie Cameron on Houston.

That's the type of campaigner we need in the forward line.
Far ken oath, someone who is gunna have the oppo taking short steps or having one eye on protection/self preservation.
When you were singing Bergman's praises I checked him out and like you, I liked what I saw. This kid is the same.
We done good this draft and Georgie boy from out west could be anything.

Great work Ports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy may make T Marshall obsolete, certainly will bring some pressure to him to perform
I still have reservations with Marshall!
WTF? One is 185cm the other 198cm. Only in the deluded world of Hinkleyville are the two in any competition for spots. You're the perfect fan for our hierarchy if you seriously believe the bit in bold.

That will be 3 weeks in the AFL.
In the same vein I was thinking during the draft that K Pickett is lucky he got picked up by the Demons because at Port he would probably be suspended every second game.

Was never concerned about his low disposal numbers because I feel that's a product of him not playing with his teammates for the past two years due to injury...

This is bizarre reasoning. It’s plainly not true.

His lower possessions had nothing to do with supposedly not playing with his teammates for 2 years. I can’t even comprehend how you came to make that statement.

This is bizarre reasoning. It’s plainly not true.

His lower possessions had nothing to do with supposedly not playing with his teammates for 2 years. I can’t even comprehend how you came to make that statement.

Well, you see, as I clearly alluded to all along and was apparent at the time is that his chakra and those of his teammates weren’t aligned and besides it obvious their auras are not in cognitive dissonance with each other since my spirit animal, Ulaf the 3 legged gecko told me in my last sweat lodge meditation.

Well, you see, as I clearly alluded to all along and was apparent at the time is that his chakra and those of his teammates weren’t aligned and besides it obvious their auras are not in cognitive dissonance with each other since my spirit animal, Ulaf the 3 legged gecko told me in my last sweat lodge meditation.
Hahahahaha! I am walking to work and laughing out loud in the middle of the city square. Thanks!

Another Dylan from Oakleigh. Drafted to Ports. Is this what it feels like when doves cry?

Dylan8 before draft day:

FHCmLv4.gif

After:

source.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back