Player Watch Pick #23 (2019) - Dylan Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Port posted this video ..

Looks like we have found a very good left foot forward who will play week in week out up there. Haven't had one of those since 2015 or 2016.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Well, you see, as I clearly alluded to all along and was apparent at the time is that his chakra and those of his teammates weren’t aligned and besides it obvious their auras are not in cognitive dissonance with each other since my spirit animal, Ulaf the 3 legged gecko told me in my last sweat lodge meditation.
Just needed to slip in egregore to complete your bingo card.

He is known for some “out there” haircuts, has battled a swag of injuries this year and is highly regarded for his X-factor.

Now Port Adelaide draftee Dylan Williams is heading to Alberton to reunite with “little pest” and former Vic Metro teammate Zak Butters after being selected at pick 23 on Thursday night.

Williams will aim to make an impression on his new teammates and coaches during pre-season when he hopes to get his fitness up and push for an AFL spot next year.

He said his back was feeling “97 or 95 per cent” and was doing gym work and running without issues.

“I’m very excited to move over.”

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
I like a player who has self belief even a bit of a swagger and Dylan strikes me as just such a player.
Can see him lighting up AO. A younger stronger Polecat?

I'm hoping something like a De Goey or a Stringer or a Greene - with a bit less of the dickhead factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
People don’t stay injured forever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's more that we didn't actually get to see how they developed this year. The injury prone factor is a small one, but that absence of clear 2019 development is the risk, why they slid, and where our strategy will be interesting.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's more that we didn't actually get to see how they developed this year. The injury prone factor is a small one, but that absence of clear 2019 development is the risk, why they slid, and where our strategy will be interesting.
You don't lose your talent

The reason why Williams and Georgiades slid is the same reason why I knew Kemp would be available at 12 - clubs want first round picks to be as safe as they can be due to how much it sets back their program if they are a bust.

For mine, Williams will be the Jack Darling of this draft - when he’s kicking goals out of his arse and asking other clubs how his s**t tastes, other fans will be screaming about why they didn't do what Port did and instead went for safe inside mid plodders.

You have to give it to them: they have a plan. And it's starting to make sense, in a Port sort of way. No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
IMHO players don't lose their talent...build their fitness which they have done by yrs end to attend draft camp etc...club , doctors & fitness staff do their due diligence etc so i'm pretty comfortable we have drafted bloody well...yes i know...time will tell but that applies to all kids / young men drafted..

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
You don't lose your talent
Unless they were already AFL capable they still need to develop their talent. It's not me picking on them, it is a fact that players are developing at these ages and if they missed out on a year, plus we haven't got to see how their trendline of development continued to go, then there's clearly a risk in assuming they were just going to continue on an upward curve.

It's a high risk, high possible reward strategy. There can be no denying that.

Let's hope it pays off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back