Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Esava Ratugolea, Finally

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a pretty obvious question for them to ask tbh Lord would fit a need with their old fart KPF's nearing the end & has Geelong ties.

We didn't show huge faith in him with just a one year deal, they could piss in his ear offer more coin & years etc. he could come out & request a trade.
Yeah massive mistake not offering Lord longer.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a pretty obvious question for them to ask tbh Lord would fit a need with their old fart KPF's nearing the end & has Geelong ties.

We didn't show huge faith in him with just a one year deal, they could piss in his ear offer more coin & years etc. he could come out & request a trade.

And if he does and we have any balls we should ask for a first round pick for him straight up.

If a failed kf, new to defending 25yr old is worth what Geelong says he’s worth then we have every right to ask of that for a contracted lord.

Tell Geelong to * off, pick him up in the PSD

Pretty simple

Well we should, but how’s your faith in our admin staff right now?

It’s only gotten as far as it has because they’ve laid down and showed their belly.

I'm of the opinion Pick 24 is way overs for Ratugolea, and if we lose Lord to geebung because we only offered him a 1 year term that would be very disappointing, as on potential alone he has shown enough as a 20 year old 197 cm key fwd in his so far very short AFL career to at least suggest he could be the long term replacement for Dixon and therefore worth a much longer contract than a particular 177 cm defensive forward, who I believe we contracted for 2 more years.

We literally can’t “lose” lord to Geelong this year. We can either choose to trade him or keep him. Potential is there to lose him next year though. I imagine the pull of home for him would be fairly strong. He is definitely not steak knives along with 24 though. That would be madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are being more than reasonable. You got to remember though that we dealt with this with Rioli last year and it was West coast that had ridiculous demands early but the end result was pretty reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We literally can’t “lose” lord to Geelong this year. We can either choose to trade him or keep him. Potential is there to lose him next year though. I imagine the pull of home for him would be fairly strong. He is definitely not steak knives along with 24 though. That would be madness.

I feel like the end of Ken is coming

And if he does and we have any balls we should ask for a first round pick for him straight up.

If a failed kf, new to defending 25yr old is worth what Geelong says he’s worth then we have every right to ask of that for a contracted lord.
We don't have to trade him it's just we've painted ourselves in a corner with the one year deal, jump now or get bugger all when he goes there next year.

Who do they think Ratugolea is? second coming of alex rance that they didnt gift games

I reckon the Lord thing is probably on.

Ken will go to the well with Dixon again (yawn), then you have Finlayson, Marshall & MG to come back in.

It would be very Hinkley to let Lord fester in the SANFL until injuries arise.

Lords value has sky rocketed and with him having only one year on his contract and strong family ties to Cats, they will be all over him for the next year. Not bad for a guy many were ready to delist earlier in the year. The 1 yr contract was in part a judgement that he was still a speculative prospect. 10 and Rat is mighty tempting.

No. Not a free agent. Could go into the draft where anyone could nab him. Unrestricted free agents have served eight years or more at one club and are out of contract and can automatically move to the club of their choice.
Yes, but he can nominate his terms. So any club that decides to jump in and grab him has to be prepared to contract him for as long and on as much as we're promising.

It's almost certain that the reason he's picked us is because we are offering a longer and more lucrative offer than Geelong, on top of the fact there's a spot for him here. So it's near certain the Cats are trying to call our bluff, they know if they don't trade him they lose him for zero. We just need to be strong enough to say that they're being unreasonable, and take him through the draft.

We are a club that likes to trade in good faith, but anyone that thinks that a pick in the 20s isn't a pants down around the table win for the Cats is crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back