Jack Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Trengove is a punt.
If his foot comes good he will be one of our best players as soon as he gets his match fitness back. If it doesn't he won't be around for much longer.

Hopefully for him as much as us it will come good.
It's never a good thing to see careers cut short because of injuries, no matter who they play for. Even more so for players who were expected to have a good to great careers.

His foot is fine, but he’ll never be one of our best players. He went so high in his draft because he was a boy thriving against men with his strength being his toughness and ability to win the ball in close. His lack of weapons will dictate he never becomes a player in the absolute top tier. He’ll be a very good, very solid contributor.

Calling our quality young full back a ‘passenger’ because he had low disposal numbers in one game is right up there with the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen on this board.
Clurey established himself last year as a fixture in the side. Drafted at pick 29, but if we didn't have him, then at his age and form, I'd give pick 20 to get a hold of him. That'd be a steal for a KPD you could lock in for most of the next decade (usual injury proviso aside).

Calling our quality young full back a ‘passenger’ because he had low disposal numbers in one game is right up there with the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen on this board.

Thanks for sticking up for my buddy, but I'll take this from here!

Calling our quality young full back a ‘passenger’ because he had low disposal numbers in one game is right up there with the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen on this board!

His foot is fine, but he’ll never be one of our best players. He went so high in his draft because he was a boy thriving against men with his strength being his toughness and ability to win the ball in close. His lack of weapons will dictate he never becomes a player in the absolute top tier. He’ll be a very good, very solid contributor.

To be fair. I'd be pretty happy if he turned out to be a very good, very solid contributor.

'What am I going to do for money next year?'
Lee Gaskin January 8, 2018 12:35 PM
479068-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Jack Trengove is relishing his second chance at AFL football

PORT Adelaide recruit Jack Trengove is embracing his second chance after refusing to concede his AFL career was over.

Hampered by foot injuries during his time with Melbourne, the former Demons co-captain was in outstanding shape when the Power returned to training at Alberton Oval on Monday morning....
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-08/what-am-i-going-to-do-for-money-next-year

Nice! Go for it Jack!

Impressive press conference. I still see him as depth and basically an AhChee replacement, but love his enthusiasm and can't help but wish him all the best. 5 years ago he looked like he was going to develop into one of the games top few players, it may be a pipe dream now but if he can harness some of that talent and find a way to apply it better there may still be a lot to gain for us.

On another note I would love to know how many teams have had 3 former/current AFL captains running around within the same 22. Can't have been many, but with Rocky, Trengove & Boak possibly playing together at some stage, that seems quite a few.

Impressive press conference. I still see him as depth and basically an AhChee replacement, but love his enthusiasm and can't help but wish him all the best. 5 years ago he looked like he was going to develop into one of the games top few players, it may be a pipe dream now but if he can harness some of that talent and find a way to apply it better there may still be a lot to gain for us.

On another note I would love to know how many teams have had 3 former/current AFL captains running around within the same 22. Can't have been many, but with Rocky, Trengove & Boak possibly playing together at some stage, that seems quite a few.

St Kilda had a rotating captaincy at one stage so they probably had more than 3.

If everyone stays fit we are going to have a good season in the SANFL again as well as the firsts the talent is there to perform in a push for spots.

Great fun!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You never never know what he produces.
His best and nothing less. The hungriest are those who've had their food taken from them stared famine in the face and then
been asked back to the dinner table.
the former Demons co-captain was in outstanding shape when the Power returned to training at Alberton Oval on Monday morning....
That's hunger for you. I've never seen him play but it's obvious he's going to give all he's got.
Comes across well. Good luck to you Jack.

Everyone forgets how good JT was in a lamentable team in his first 2 years. The only limitation on him is his foot. If he recovers as well as Polec has, he'll be best 22. If he's not, it won't be for lack of effort or commitment.
I hope he has success too. The difference between he and Polec is that Polec's healed naturally whereas Jack had the surgery (twice?)
Hopefully that hasn't limited Jack's foot movement too much.

I hope Jack finished off a good career with you guys.

All the best Jack!

It's horrible to see good players cruelled by injury or other downfalls. JT has certainly had his fair share of issues to contend with.

It's horrible to see good players cruelled by injury or other downfalls. JT has certainly had his fair share of issues to contend with.

Absolutely, we forget that in 2010-2011 he was rated right up there as one of the most promising young talents of the game, I rated him very highly then Trent Cotchin at the time. Mark Neeld and injuries cruelled him unfortunately!

The Talent is definitely still there, just a matter of getting that power back in his legs again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back