Player Watch Father-Son Pick #25 (2019) - Jackson Mead

Remove this Banner Ad

Height 183cm
Weight 83kg
Birth date 30 September 2001

DRAFT ANALYSIS: "A strong, smart balanced midfielder who consistently wins his own footy and uses it effectively for his team."

AS a Port Adelaide potential father/son pick (son of Darren) there will be no doubt Jackson Mead will feature high in this years draft. Mead has had a consistent year at every level, being SANFL Under-18, SANFL Reserves, SANFL League, as well as part of South Australia’s Under-18 Side at National Championships. Mead has played majority of his football on the inside of the contest, so is always around the footy and has shown he can continually win his own ball. His ball use has been a highlight all year with rarely wasting a possession and generally making good decisions. He was rewarded with an All-Australian selection in the Under-18 side after the National Championships highlighting his consistency and ability against players at the highest level, as well as making his SANFL League debut for Woodville-West Torrens Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The old man was a great, great player and basically I only ever saw his colours lowered once - Carey gave him the run around in that 1999 elimination final. (the 2nd quarter [?] Carey killed us)
The Roos went on to be premiers!
Welcome Jackson

My boy. Back him in. He's the one I feel has been severely underrated here.
I agree, has a bit of Sam Mitchell about him.

Always exciting to score a talent like him for late picks as well. Welcome Jackson, hopefully he's the 2nd Mead to take out a John Cahill Medal one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back