Player Watch Father-Son Pick #25 (2019) - Jackson Mead

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Kicks better on his left than his right, so two sided. Tick.

Like his Dad plays taller than his height suggests. Tick.

Good peripheral vision. Tick.

Alwasy seems to be on the move, so hits packs at speed and has momentum to burst from congestion. Tick.

Think he will do ok over time.

Incarnate

Premiership Player
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Another credit to the club to make sure they got him. Solid player I think. long torso short legs, good shimmy and centre of balance, solid kicking within his limits and reliable footy IQ. A solid pick for Port and a quiet achiever for years to come working from the centre to our forward half.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did we have to go in deficit ? Think I seen some one say we did but we had a pick we passed on can you only X amount of picks to match?

Did we have to go in deficit ? Think I seen some one say we did but we had a pick we passed on can you only X amount of picks to match?
Yes we went into deficit, I did a calculation last night, think in the general draft or game day draft thread.

When all your picks are eliminated, because you matched a bid, the system regenerates more picks to allow you to fill your list.

So when Mead was selected, our 3 listed remaing picks were eliminated, but because we had 34 + 4 2019 draftees on our list = 38 players, the system generated a new draft pick - in order, where we could take our 39th and 40th player - so the system generated picks 65 and 83 immediately after we selected Mead.

But we didn't use them as we went to the rookie draft and had committed to taking Burgoyne and drafted Psini. So we went with 38+6 list not 40+4.

Remember we had 3 picks eliminated so that we couldn't just rack up picks with points, where we had more picks than vacant slots on our primary list the day before the draft started.

Last edited:

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i think he's highly underrated, he style will transfer to AFL very quickly and with Mark Beretta giving us a first rounder next year should see Jackson being made a regular around mid-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back