Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Now let's see what Todd Marshall can do down back.

OnlyPowerForever

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just what we need, a Sextangle. No one will want to leave ;)

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app
What, just SIX talls? Why stop there?
PAFC Ikosa-duo-hedron (22) in '22 -minimum height 187cm

FF: Ladhams, Dixon, Hayes
HF: Marshall, Finlayson, Georgiades
C: Bergman, Wines, Bonner
HB: Lienert, Aliir, Burton
FB: Clurey, McKenzie, Pasini
R: Lycett, Drew, Powell-Pepper
IC: Lord, Goldsack, Mayes

Who would they play, I hear you ask?

PAFC Ikosa-duo-hedron (22) in '22 -Maximum height 186cm

FF: Woodcock, Gray, Fantasia
HF: Williams, Motlop, Farrell
C: Rozee, Butters, Amon
HB: Houston, Hartlett, Duursma
FB: Garner, Fredrick, Byrne-Jones
R: Jones, Rockliff, Boak
IC: Mead, Schofield, Burgoyne, McEntee

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
For what we have had to part with this is yet again another good deal. Seeing Marshall is horrendous at goal kicking 70% of the time, I think it is worthwhile to play him down back, or at least as a swing player. He has the height, can mark and spoil. The goal kicking is a significant weakness of his.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For what we have had to part with this is yet again another good deal. Seeing Marshall is horrendous at goal kicking 70% of the time, I think it is worthwhile to play him down back, or at least as a swing player. He has the height, can mark and spoil. The goal kicking is a significant weakness of his.
Strange take, he kicked 24 goals 12 and was our 3rd best shot at goal this season.

Butters, 8 goals 2 - 11 shots at goal (72.7% goal conversion rate).
Dixon, 48 goals 24 - 80 shots at goal (60% goal conversion rate).
Marshall, 24 goals 12 - 42 shots at goal (57.1% goal conversion rate).

He's got nothing on these blokes
Amon, 11 goals 17 - 32 shots at goal (34.4% goal conversion rate)
Drew, 4 goals 4 - 12 shots at goal (33.3% goal conversion rate)
Wines, 10 goals 15 - 31 shots at goal (32.3% goal conversion rate)
Boak, 8 goals 18 - 29 Shots at goal (27.6% goal conversion rate)
Duursma, 3 goals 3 - 12 shots at goal (25% goal conversion rate)

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Strange take, he kicked 24 goals 12 and was our 3rd best shot at goal this season.

Butters, 8 goals 2 - 11 shots at goal (72.7% goal conversion rate).
Dixon, 48 goals 24 - 80 shots at goal (60% goal conversion rate).
Marshall, 24 goals 12 - 42 shots at goal (57.1% goal conversion rate).

He's got nothing on these blokes
Amon, 11 goals 17 - 32 shots at goal (34.4% goal conversion rate)
Drew, 4 goals 4 - 12 shots at goal (33.3% goal conversion rate)
Wines, 10 goals 15 - 31 shots at goal (32.3% goal conversion rate)
Boak, 8 goals 18 - 29 Shots at goal (27.6% goal conversion rate)
Duursma, 3 goals 3 - 12 shots at goal (25% goal conversion rate)
I am not saying he can’t kick goals, but his goal kicking has not improved significantly and it is worth trying him down back, as we are significantly shorter down back. IMO he has significant potential as a Westhoff type player. Port can’t get rid of Ken, so surely it is worth trying something different?

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am not saying he can’t kick goals, but his goal kicking has not improved significantly and it is worth trying him down back, as we are significantly shorter down back. IMO he has significant potential as a Westhoff type player. Port can’t get rid of Ken, so surely it is worth trying something different?
I think you'll be very surprised about how ordinary every forwards goal accuracy actually is.

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Doesn't look to bad he seems to work hard and makes an impact, left foot will bring something. I think he will put pressure on more than the opposition!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Port Adelaide recruit Jeremy Finlayson says he’s “over the moon” to be joining the club on a three-year deal after a trade was reached earlier today between the Power and the GWS GIANTS.

Speaking on FIVEaa this afternoon, Finlayson expressed his excitement at landing at Alberton.

“It’s a massive club, been around for more than 150 years and I know how much the fans love it over here. I’ve never really played at a big club like Port Adelaide, so if I get a chance to play in front of their fans at Adelaide Oval, it will be very exciting.

"I flew down and met with Ken Hinkley and then came back to Adelaide to have a coffee with Ollie Wines, Tom Jonas and Darcy Byrne-Jones,” he recalled.

“When I sat down with Ken and the team we discussed playing as a ruck/forward. Obviously there’s a bit of talk that they’ve got some key talls already, but I just want to come in and give myself the best chance to play consistent AFL footy over here.”

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
New Port Adelaide recruit Jeremy Finlayson says he’s “over the moon” to be joining the club on a three-year deal after a trade was reached earlier today between the Power and the GWS GIANTS.

Speaking on FIVEaa this afternoon, Finlayson expressed his excitement at landing at Alberton.

“It’s a massive club, been around for more than 150 years and I know how much the fans love it over here. I’ve never really played at a big club like Port Adelaide, so if I get a chance to play in front of their fans at Adelaide Oval, it will be very exciting.

"I flew down and met with Ken Hinkley and then came back to Adelaide to have a coffee with Ollie Wines, Tom Jonas and Darcy Byrne-Jones,” he recalled.

“When I sat down with Ken and the team we discussed playing as a ruck/forward. Obviously there’s a bit of talk that they’ve got some key talls already, but I just want to come in and give myself the best chance to play consistent AFL footy over here.”
Obviously didn’t meet with little working class Kochie then

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
I'm open to suggestions Chewy316 as to how you'd improve Ports backing?

What is there in Marshall's skill set to suggest he could be a capable KPD? I don't see it. People want to compare him to Westhoff but even the Hoff had more size and was a far more reliable mark overhead compared to Todd. I wouldn’t be trying to convert him to a defender just to get him into our team.

Our back line doesn't need a KPD who is a lanky bean pole. It needs a hulk - similar size to guys like Harris Andrews and Steven May.

What we have down there doesn't need a lot of tinkering at this point. AA is an elite CHB. Jonas is extremely versatile and plays above his size. McKenzie is one of the better fullbacks in the competition. Burton has become an extremely reliable player who can play on lanky talls and medium sized flankers.

Where our defence needs to improve most imo is having a small defender who can line up 1 on 1 against an oppo's best small to medium sized forward and shut them down. DBJ isn't that player though they've given him that role. Houston is too slow. Bonner's 1 on 1 defence is underrated but I wouldnt be putting him on a guy like Dusty Martin. The guy I see stepping into that role is Lachie Jones. He has the potential to have an enormous impact from round 1 next season.

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Said on 5aa he met with Monty and the leadership group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back