Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sure, but, either he's being told to do that (which is the coaches' fault) or he's being told not to do that but ignoring the coaches' instructions, without consequences (which is also the coaches' fault).
I want Bassett gone as much as anybody but there are some elements of Charlie's game that are ingrained he's just not a natural hard leading forward, of course there are also things that he doesn't control like dickhead teammates kicking to him outnumbered when he's drawing a crowd and trying to be a decoy.. I've heard Bassett hint at this.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know highlights can be deceiving but this guys are very exciting speed , above head marking and on the lead , left and right foot most of all great shot for GL out in front and on the boundary.
And also has abit if campaigner about him a future 3rd can't go wrong.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
I expect Dixon to finish his career playing more as the fwd/ruck. Whether that transition starts this year probably depends more on Georgiades and Finlayson than on Dixon himself.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I expect Dixon to finish his career playing more as the fwd/ruck. Whether that transition starts this year probably depends ore on Georgiades and Finlayson than on Dixon himself.
He would be excellent at that role. He is a very good ruckman. It has been too dangerous to play him much in the ruck recently because of the risk to his body, and the fact that we had nothing really behind him in his position, but Marshall, another preseason in the gym for Georgiades and finlayson is a pretty handy tall bunch.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh well at least we have Finlayson, looking forward to see how he can fit in and help our team.

2 snaps on his right, including one from 50 is something I hadn't noticed before.

He definitely seems a class above what we have as a finisher.

Astronema

im gay (they/them)
Sep 17, 2020
Victoria
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
absolutely nobody:

jeremy finlayson:🤫

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 8, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just read the news on the GWS Fan Forum regarding Kellie, the partner of Jeremy Finlayson battling colorectal cancer.
My thoughts are with them during this difficult time.
There is a support thread on GWS Fan Forum page, I'm unsure how to introduce that thread to this site so The Port Adelaide Community can support one of its own.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just read the news on the GWS Fan Forum regarding Kellie, the partner of Jeremy Finlayson battling colorectal cancer.
There is a support thread on GWS Fan Forum page, I'm unsure how to introduce that thread to this site so The Port Adelaide Community can support one of its own.
FFS * cancer ☹️

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

Jeremy's Instagram is now private (it wasn't until just recently), but there is a GoFundMe link there with more info about Kellie's situation:

HinkleysHeroes

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My buddy Jeremy has now been handed a nice forward spot between Mitch and Marshall now that Dixon is on the outer for a bit. I'm very confident that he will cement his spot in our 2022 team in the forward line, this is his best position to develop his career.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My buddy Jeremy has now been handed a nice forward spot between Mitch and Marshall now that Dixon is on the outer for a bit. I'm very confident that he will cement his spot in our 2022 team in the forward line, this is his best position to develop his career.
All three would be more productive working into space than in contested marking situations, with the possible exception of Mitch and even he would prefer room to run and jump in those instances. Will be interesting to see whether Hinkley/Bassett try to shoehorn them into last season's gameplan or whether they have already been working on another forward gameplan especially given the addition of Finlayson and the realization that Charlie won't always be around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back