Player Watch Willie Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

He is playing the starvation corner role of deep small forward. He is never going to get 25 disposals a game.
I don’t quite think he’s the one playing the “starvation corner”. He’s been averaging that 10-11 disposal range. He’s no novice and should be in the 15-16 range.

I was critical when we got him, looking at his west coast stats I thought he underachieved a bit and didn't contribute much. I was dead wrong. He applies legitimate pressure unlike cheesy mac, and creates goals out of nothing, which is what we need with Kenny's chaos ball forward line. I have faith in him winning pretty much every direct 1v1 he gets put into, and he usually halves even against a bigger defender.

A lot to like about little Willie

Yes, another one the recruitment and list management team got right. I was definitely skeptical before we got him. Friday night and last years home Collingwood game are the standouts so far with us. He was chirpy after a couple of his goals too, not sure which Essendon player it was directed at, but one of them had him fired up. Keen to get Peps back in there with Willie.

Yes, another one the recruitment and list management team got right. I was definitely skeptical before we got him. Friday night and last years home Collingwood game are the standouts so far with us. He was chirpy after a couple of his goals too, not sure which Essendon player it was directed at, but one of them had him fired up. Keen to get Peps back in there with Willie.

No one's going to touch our Willie with SPP around.

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

He looks slimmer & much fitter than last year - remembering he had quite a long enforced layoff from footy. We always knew he had the freaky skills, but what I really liked about his game on the weekend was that he was involved and super dangerous for all four quarters.

Its also really nice to see how happier he looks, and all of this is being reflected in his output this year.

this guy instantly became one of my favorite players after the Essendon destruction, genuine mad competitor with genuine mad skills

I'd prefer Willie got this out of his game and he still gives away too many frees. Otherwise happy with what we're getting from him.

Laverde.

They were butting heads early in the game about something.

Rioli then took Laverde out in a marking contest and really shook him up.

I'd prefer Willie got this out of his game and he still gives away too many frees. Otherwise happy with what we're getting from him.
So, don’t play with passion, don’t play on edge, just be a Mehh half forward like McIntee and Evans? No thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back