Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

So we drafted a confidence player to be coached by Ken Hinkley who will blame the players for losses when statistics have shown their effort is not really the problem?

He's not a confidence player. He's a player that hasn't had the opportunity to build confidence during the past couple of years.

If he had played more games last year, when he came into this year he'd be feeling like he belonged at the level and demanding the ball more. That's why I want him to play early in front of someone like Ebert or Motlop, who have already had their chance. I want to see what he can do. The other two can come in if and when Bergman's form dips.

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wonder if he will get rid of those luscious blonde locks. Sam Hayes, Chook Palmer, Frampton, ?Ladhams, Kane Mitchell, Todd Marshall all had a cut when they came over

MrPlow

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wonder if he will get rid of those luscious blonde locks. Sam Hayes, Chook Palmer, Frampton, ?Ladhams, Kane Mitchell, Todd Marshall all had a cut when they came over

Ken hates long hair, it’s for girls

(really Ken just be depressed he bald)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chachi

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fu** No
Out of all the lads to start today, Miles has the best upper body development... he is going to be a big boy after a preseason or 2 in the gym!
Yeh thought the same from the photo in the Advertiser. Decent unit, especially considering he's only just turned 18.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watch the Video of the St Bede’s Senior Football Team making history, when they won the Herald Sun Shield Grand Final on 7 August 2019

Miles Bergman ... Best on ground player

Ah12

Club Legend
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The thing that stood out to me the most in miles highlites package were those 2 run down tackles. In a modern game where a number of 'superstars' are complete one way down hill skiers it was refreshing to see someone use his athletic abilities to also hunt, chase and force pressure mixed with beautiful tackling technique. Richmond won 2 flags off the back of a gameplan that priorities these simple non-negotiables.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was watching some of the better half back flankers over round one, went back and rewatched some of his highlights and been thinking that he will be our hbf in time.

His aerial marking, loves to float in.

Very good tackler

Wins the ball on the ground

Long kick

Could be our Sicily.

I would earmark him for that role. Whether he starts elsewhere or not I don’t know but I think he would be a perfect addition to Dbj and burton back there. Like Dbj he can push up the wings from the back flank anyway and give us a good user there.

Saw a couple of clips on the news of Miles back at training.

Looks an impressive physical unit. Hopefully get to see him play this year.

This is one reason to miss playing in the sanfl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back