Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
So where's our top pick at?

Anyone got any info on how he's tracking?

Williams has shown some elite hops and goal sense. Georgie clearly has the makings of a solid 2nd key forward. But we've heard and seen very little about our first pick which probably becomes more disappointing given the fact we may not have many reserves games.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
It’s a shame we won’t see Burgman in the SANFL this year but I’m far from concerned about his development at this stage. He was drafted for his athleticism and upside and has a relatively late birthday. Give him time.

I think we’ve been a little spoiled with the readiness of our early picks in recent years. Hopefully they broadcast some reserves games.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s a shame we won’t see Burgman in the SANFL this year but I’m far from concerned about his development at this stage. He was drafted for his athleticism and upside and has a relatively late birthday. Give him time.

I think we’ve been a little spoiled with the readiness of our early picks in recent years. Hopefully they broadcast some reserves games.
Hopefully they stream (or even put on YouTube) the scratch matches they play in hubs.

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
Just heard Bergman is playing off half back and suiting the role well. Reckon he could end up a replacement for Bonner given his speed and kicking skills if Bonner continues to stagnate.
I thought they were trying to make him a high half forward? Guess that didnt pan out as expected.

Pick 14 for a half back is a pretty high price.

I thought they were trying to make him a high half forward? Guess that didnt pan out as expected.

18 HBF's on the list is the 2nd condition in Hinkley's contract, after his salary figure.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

don’t think I ever saw them suggest they would play him there, just in his draft year played a lot as a hff.

happy to pay pick 14 for a hbf if they’re good enough. I think it’s the best spot to develop him in, has elite tools for the position.

we also are very very light in that department. Especially for guys who can intercept mark at a high level.

With our draft hauls the past few years I'm pretty happy to back the recruiters in on this one.

Coaches have introduced players to league football from a half back flank since the dawn of time, just to get them used to the game as it comes to them in that spot.

Shaun Burgoyne has made a 300 game career of being a hbf.

don’t think I ever saw them suggest they would play him there, just in his draft year played a lot as a hff.

happy to pay pick 14 for a hbf if they’re good enough. I think it’s the best spot to develop him in, has elite tools for the position.

we also are very very light in that department. Especially for guys who can intercept mark at a high level.
Grant Birchall was pick 14 thanks from us giving Hawks 14 for Motlop trade, as one of two first rounders the Hawks wanted for dumping a doped up Jonathan Hay on North. Lonie was the steak knives in the deal.

That's the sort of HBFer I want for pick 14. Tall enough to play CHB, great kick and racked up his 250th game the other night.

Granny Duurs is Lovely

All Australian
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Voss stated he still expects him to move back forward at some point in the future, but for now he's doing well in defence. Seems like standard 'learn your craft in defence, then move into the midfield/forward line after a couple years'. No issues here especially if he's playing the role well enough to be in the mix for selection.

Chizza12

All Australian
Jul 29, 2016
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No problem with them starting Bergman at halfback. He's the same height as Sicily who plays taller with his intercept marking ability. I see him as that type, and with his speed and endurance could be very damaging back there. His marking ability will also assist when we press up to keep the ball in our forward lines. When Ebert or Motlop are gone he may be using in that high half forward role.

Jan 20, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To my eyes he looks like a smooth moving wing all day. They type of guy that plays predominantly between the arcs, but floats back in front of a pack at half back, then pushes forward with his run and kicks the ball long inside 50. And can float forward and take a mark as well. I hope he plays this week.

I see a smaller version of Fyfe, with his versatility, capabilities above his head, attack at the ball, tackling and evasiveness.

He could be a real gem!

I think he’s grown since his was drafted originally he was at 186cm now he’s listed at 189 that’s 1 cm off Fyfe

He looked good here

adding further height and weight can only add to my enthusiasm

Back