Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

John Butcher is much like Jesus. In thousands of years time, there will still be Port supporters worshipping him whilst others debate his legitimacy.

And the Shroud of Maffra will be a relic at Alberton Abbey.

I wonder how Marshall feels about all this Georgiadis talk?

A big kick up the bum surely.

Probably relieved. Having two contested marking beasts in Dixon and Georgie plays right into his hands IMO because it means he’ll only have to contend with the oppo’s third tall defender (if they even have one). He’s also pretty adept below his knees so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pick up some more crumbs too.

I wonder how Marshall feels about all this Georgiadis talk?

A big kick up the bum surely.
Ladhams is the one that might not be in the side. He needs to convince the coaches that going with 2 rucks is better than 1.

John Butcher is much like Jesus. In thousands of years time, there will still be Port supporters worshipping him whilst others debate his legitimacy.

Bring me the head of John the Butcher...

375px-Salome_with_the_Head_of_John_the_Baptist-Caravaggio_%281610%29.jpg

(ha ha dude holding JtB's hair looks like either Ricky Ponting or Jasper the Pittard :eek: )

If we go with 1 ruck only, I can see Ladhams pushing Lycett out of the side by the end of the year.

Seriously underrating Lycett there.

Just have a look at his games when Ryder didn't play and you'll see why Lycett is our number 1. Ladhams has potential to become an A grade ruckman but he's not replacing Lycett any time soon - he needs to be able to play in the same team as Lycett to get games this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably relieved. Having two contested marking beasts in Dixon and Georgie plays right into his hands IMO because it means he’ll only have to contend with the oppo’s third tall defender (if they even have one). He’s also pretty adept below his knees so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pick up some more crumbs too.
At least Todd will pick the ball up.. not like Motlop. who is in the habit of kicking it along the ground to who ?

Seriously underrating Lycett there.

Just have a look at his games when Ryder didn't play and you'll see why Lycett is our number 1. Ladhams has potential to become an A grade ruckman but he's not replacing Lycett any time soon - he needs to be able to play in the same team as Lycett to get games this year.
Both are quite good in their own way, with Hayes also looming. You'd like to think we can make two work at once because both Lycett and Ladhams proved last year that they are far too good to be wasted playing in the two's.

If i recall correctly did Lycett say he didn't really ruck much against Ladhams in the pre season and that it was mainly Hayes? I found that intriguing.

But anyway, love the look of Georgiades so far. Looks like a proper footballer, plenty of enthusiasm too, love it when the young ones play with desperation in the pre season for a spot round 1.

Both are quite good in their own way, with Hayes also looming. You'd like to think we can make two work at once because both Lycett and Ladhams proved last year that they are far too good to be wasted playing in the two's.

If i recall correctly did Lycett say he didn't really ruck much against Ladhams in the pre season and that it was mainly Hayes? I found that intriguing.

But anyway, love the look of Georgiades so far. Looks like a proper footballer, plenty of enthusiasm too, love it when the young ones play with desperation in the pre season for a spot round 1.
Yeah but how many years now has Kenny tried to play two rucks? When the hell will he work out what he is doing?

The trouble is I reckon we need to play ladhams, lycett is too good not to play, but I think Hayes is the better forward of the 3 and would make the best second forward / ruck.

hayes needs to spend the year building that tank up though, but we are approaching a decision at some stage about what to do.

Thats putting some positive spin on the story, mind you i like it but something in me says if this guy dosent make his mark soon at this level he could become a drop out.

Thats putting some positive spin on the story, mind you i like it but something in me says if this guy dosent make his mark soon at this level he could become a drop out.

I’m happy to give him another two or three years to see what happens. He got off to an awful start dealing with family tragedies so if we can cut anyone on the list a little bit of slack it’s him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back