Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Those in shock with this selection initially must surely be comforted by now. The kid can play footy and if we believe Schoey knows more about this kid than we do, then we should be happy.
As always with every recruit, time will tell but the more I see the more I like.
This has been pretty much my reaction.

Shocked at first but the more I read people's responses and see info about him the more I like it. The way he has recovered from injury and presented himself to the combine in such great shape screams character.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Georgiadis was a quiet bolter.

Port Adelaide will consider calling his name as early as pick No.18, while Richmond (pick No.19), Brisbane (pick No.21) and Geelong (pick No.24) are also monitoring the mobile forward's availability.

We need our WA posters help for some further insights on Mitchell. Grave Danger TheFVK, TeeKray Power Raid Ishikawa and any others over there I have forgotten about.

No special insight into him as a player REH.

At risk of being a downer, I'm somewhat concerned that he's a bigger flight risk than you'd like in a first round draft pick, but that's purely based on what I've been able to glean about him and his background. I'm sure our recruiters would've spoken to him, and if they asked the right questions, could've gained better insight into that.

Without having any idea of how his talent compares to others... Somehow both being the son of a footy player (should be no surprises for what is expected as a professional player) and being injured in draft year (hidden from view) bode well for me. Leg injury isn't a knee or back or something more structural means it shouldn't hinder him long term. To go this high in a draft based on 16 year-old form shows a lot of talent. Ryan Burton comes to mind for injured players in draft year that fell lower because of injury, I wonder if you can get more value from these types of players.

Call him T-Bone!
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the first single celled organism on Earth was 1um - but I don't see how small historic beings have anything to do with modern AFL players
I think Mitch is about 1cm shorter than Jack Gunston if that helps.

No special insight into him as a player REH.

At risk of being a downer, I'm somewhat concerned that he's a bigger flight risk than you'd like in a first round draft pick, but that's purely based on what I've been able to glean about him and his background. I'm sure our recruiters would've spoken to him, and if they asked the right questions, could've gained better insight into that.
Explains why Crows wouldn’t have picked him😉

as someone said earlier, i'd rather reach for someone who we have some inside knowledge of, courtesy of schoey.

dont know anything about the dude, but I think the likes of oscar allen, darling, zurhaar, de goey, mihocek, membrey etc. have shown those athletic, competitive, 'undersized' marking forwards suit todays game style

mitch: 191/78
allen: 192/87
darling: 191/95
de goey: 188/92
mihocek: 192/97
zurhaar: 189/90

I'm much happier with this pick than De Koning or Jones. At the Convention this year they told us there were few key position prospects on the horizon and missing out on Borlase and Lukosius meant we had to do something if we could.

It is a massive risk. In someways it defines not only how successful this draft is for us but also 2018. We have to nail each high pick to be up there in a few years. Waste this pick, waste tonight's and 2018's success will be hollow.

Welcome George.
Do not go reading the thread that anyone under 194 is not a KPP. 😁

192 cms is the same height as Jake Stringer. That doesn't make him a gorilla KPF but if he he bulks up a bit from 87kgs to 90-92kgs (Stringer is 95kgs now was 92 when drafted) then he can play FF or CHF when we don't play one of Dixon or Marshall for whatever reason and are playing a 2nd ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back