Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

192 cms is the same height as Jake Stringer. That doesn't make him a gorilla KPF but if he he bulks up a bit from 87kgs to 90-92kgs (Stringer is 95kgs now was 92 when drafted) then he can play FF or CHF when we don't play one of Dixon or Marshall for whatever reason and are playing a 2nd ruck.
Same height as Jack Gunston as well

I’m not sure if it’s just because of the level being played but in his highlights he looks to have soooo much more time than other players I’ve seen.

One to watch I reckon.

PORT ADELAIDE’S newest draftee Mitchell Georgiades was left speechless when his name was read out at pick 18 in the 2019 NAB AFL National Draft.

Georgiades received a phone call from senior coach Ken Hinkley only minutes prior to his selection, and the 18-year-old said he couldn’t contain his excitement.

Georgiades spent some time playing with Taj Schofield - son of assistant coach Jarrad - and said it was great to have Jarrad Schofield coaching the seniors during his time at Subiaco.

“I played a bit of footy with Taj Schofield growing up through the Subi ranks,” he said.

“Obviously, Jarrad (Schofield) was the senior coach there. I didn’t have a lot to do with Jarrad first hand, but he was always around and I saw him a fair bit.

“I’m really excited to have a familiar face over there, which will be really good to see.”

The forward said he couldn’t wait to get to the club and learn more about the history and tradition at Alberton.

“I am absolutely stoked - I’ve heard so much about the history,” Georgiades said.

“I have seen how much it has dominated the SANFL over the years then built up into the AFL.

“I am so excited to be a part of the 150th year celebrations - it’s going to be pretty special.

“I can’t wait to be a part of such a historic club.”

The forward said he couldn’t wait to get to the club and learn more about the history and tradition at Alberton.

“I am absolutely stoked - I’ve heard so much about the history,” Georgiades said.

“I have seen how much it has dominated the SANFL over the years then built up into the AFL.

“I am so excited to be a part of the 150th year celebrations - it’s going to be pretty special.

He sounds more Port than our co-captains and coach already.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only been here for like 2 seconds and knows how to pander to us perfectly. Not a criticism btw. It makes me love him.

Theres generally limited ways to get an elite forward onto your list:

*Tanking/generally being sh1t and getting top 3 pick
*Father/son selection
*Academy selection
*Outrageous concessions awarded to a northern start-up club
*Priority pick

We've got limited opportunity to take advantage of the above - hopefully "take a punt on a highly-rated junior who has had a year off due to injury" is an additional option that we can actually make use of.

He couldn't have done that post draft interview better if this board had fed him the answers. Talked about the Subi connection with the Schofields as well.

Full marks so far.

Video highlights look good. Hopefully his thigh problems all sorted. I'm gonna trust schofields word if it was his choice.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The highlight packages of both players are very exciting. Everything you'd want to see: high, contested marks; leading to space; agility; speed and clearance work in Bergman's case; nice goal kicking routine; clean hands.

Now they just need to find enough of the footy at AFL level to make it all worth something.

I'm intrigued and excited by our selections so far. High risk, but very, very high reward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but there are exceptions

Pav 192
Nick Riewolt 193
Alaistair Lynch 193
fevola 191
I was thinking about a thread from a couple if months ago. One of those Janus Vs BF threads. 😁

Was told that we have been watching him for a long time and deliberately didn't talk to him to let on we were interested in him, and that get out to other clubs to know how keen we were on him.

Apparently the first contact we had with him was after Geelong made their pick for Kemp, and Hinkley rang him and gave him the heads up that we are going to announce that we will draft him in a few minutes, and to get ready to be asked by the media what it is like to be drafted.

Jarrad Schofield and the recruiters take a bow. Knowing Mitchell and the family had its advantageous

Last edited:
From The West Australian 6th November

Injured WA draft hopefuls Riley Garcia, Mitch Georgiades and Jake Pasini will get another chance to impress AFL recruiters.The trio are among 13 players across the country to undergo the extra medical testing next Friday as clubs get closer to their final decisions on who to draft later this month.

Athletic Subiaco forward Georgiades stunned doctors when his badly corked quad took nearly 12 months to get right.

And 18-year-old Pasini missed the national draft combine because of his post-season shoulder surgery. “I made the decision not to get surgery during the season to help my draft chances and it kept popping out ... just light dislocations,” Pasini said. “I had a few chats with the physio and a few AFL clubs and they recommended I get the surgery done now so I can get stuck into pre-season training as soon as possible.”

John was also a cop, a broker at hartley and now one of Perth's richest men after marriage
So which family did he marry into? Does that mean the pull to Mitchell might be a bit stronger than most lads who just want to play footy?

I agree but there are exceptions

Pav 192
Nick Riewolt 193
Alaistair Lynch 193
fevola 191
Man on the left played 1983-1999 + 2002,191 cms and kicked 1,360 goals

Man on the right played 2005 to current days, 199 cms and has kicked 944 goals

Getting taller and less goals.

1575000958144.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back