News Jake Pasini signs with Swan Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

THE DRAFT WAS VERY DIFFERENT FOR PASINI
Unlike Georgiades, Jake Pasini, who impressed for WA at the under-18 carnival, was overlooked in the national draft, which was spread across two nights.

“It was an anxious wait sitting at home. I was disappointed when I didn’t get picked,” Pasini said of the draft’s second night. Calls from his manager, who detailed Port Adelaide’s interested, were reassuring, but it still turned out to be a long night. “I was pretty worried, I didn’t get much sleep,” Pasini said. But the next day was a different story.

“When I woke up in the morning, straight away, I saw the next pick was me,” he recalled. “I saw my name there and mum and dad ran in jumping and screaming, it was good.” And now Pasini is ready to work hard and prove he does belong on a senior list. “I want to try my best and crack into the main squad and be put on the main list. I will do whatever it takes to crack in.”

PASINI MIGHT BE ABLE TO PREDICT THE FUTURE
Early this year, while playing for footy for Swan Districts in the WAFL, the 193cm defender bought a ticket to the concert of Australian singer-songwriter of Ziggy Roberts. But he didn’t quite get the booking right.

“I accidentally bought the ticket for Adelaide and it was meant to be for Perth,” Pasini admitted. But as the 18-year-old said “it worked out” and he will now be able to attend the Thebarton Theatre show on Friday. “I must be able to predict the future or something,” he said.

Early this year, while playing for footy for Swan Districts in the WAFL, the 193cm defender bought a ticket to the concert of Australian singer-songwriter of Ziggy Roberts. But he didn’t quite get the booking right.

“I accidentally bought the ticket for Adelaide and it was meant to be for Perth,” Pasini admitted. But as the 18-year-old said “it worked out” and he will now be able to attend the Thebarton Theatre show on Friday. “I must be able to predict the future or something,” he said.

His nickname should be Nostradamus

THE DRAFT WAS VERY DIFFERENT FOR PASINI
Unlike Georgiades, Jake Pasini, who impressed for WA at the under-18 carnival, was overlooked in the national draft, which was spread across two nights.

“It was an anxious wait sitting at home. I was disappointed when I didn’t get picked,” Pasini said of the draft’s second night. Calls from his manager, who detailed Port Adelaide’s interested, were reassuring, but it still turned out to be a long night. “I was pretty worried, I didn’t get much sleep,” Pasini said. But the next day was a different story.

“When I woke up in the morning, straight away, I saw the next pick was me,” he recalled. “I saw my name there and mum and dad ran in jumping and screaming, it was good.” And now Pasini is ready to work hard and prove he does belong on a senior list. “I want to try my best and crack into the main squad and be put on the main list. I will do whatever it takes to crack in.”

Sister is a Port fan, Port had shown interest on him... It was a Freudian slip.

Would love to have heard a bit more about how Pasini has been going this year.

Would love for him to develop into a Ridley type intercept defender.

Sounds like an excellent mark and reader of the play and hopefully with a years development he Will be ready to step up.
I have read a few comments in print from coaches re Pasini, all very positive. Re-signing him now, esp with the Covid situation, is a confirmation that the club has high hopes for him.

I have read a few comments in print from coaches re Pasini, all very positive. Re-signing him now, esp with the Covid situation, is a confirmation that the club has high hopes for him.
It might also be a sign that Leinert is going to move to look for more game time.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be the archetypal Monty tall defender. Reads the ball coming in, intercept marks and distributes the ball to runners.

Someone said on bf a month or so ago west coast and another club interested in lienert.
Could see West Coast asking him to replace Hurn, not the way Hurn defends, but to be that long accurate kick out of the back line they like to have and is important to the way they play.

2 year deal confirmed.
If that is 2 years and both are on the main list then that is rare for a rookie at Port to get a 2 year deal after 1 on the rookie list. He must have done some pretty impressive stuff behind the scenes.

Houston then Lienert got 2 year deals, 1 as a rookie and 1 on main list and that was for salary cap purposes to get the $80k of their base salary outside the TPP cap. But both these players got 2 years deals after 2 x 1 year on the rookie list.

2 year deal confirmed.
Excellent, I was concerned about his position with the changes to caps and lack of exposure due to COVID.

I was his home room and English teacher, and he's a good kid.

If that is 2 years and both are on the main list then that is rare for a rookie at Port to get a 2 year deal after 1 on the rookie list. He must have done some pretty impressive stuff behind the scenes.

Houston then Lienert got 2 year deals, 1 as a rookie and 1 on main list and that was for salary cap purposes to get the $80k of their base salary outside the TPP cap. But both these players got 2 years deals after 2 x 1 year on the rookie list.
Has had a couple of mentions in coaches interviews that he has been impressive this year. That is really good news!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back