Player Watch Trent McKenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t say he was better, I said Marshall is good at all the ruck stuff except rucking, and that’s why Ryder is there. He’s an excellent tap ruck.
We'll see. Ryder dropped earlier that I expected. Supposedly "managed" but IMO we won't see much of him from now on unless Marshall gets injuried.

Would be the AA full back if the side was picked today. Massive credit for him being able to get to this position.
Loved his game today again. Credit to him, he just kept fronting up for the Maggies, and now rewarded for persistence. Credit to the coaches too. Don't know who, but they have turned coal to diamond here!

We'll see. Ryder dropped earlier that I expected. Supposedly "managed" but IMO we won't see much of him from now on unless Marshall gets injuried.

they would be very smart to rest Ryder against rucks like Richmond and save him for the games against Gawn Goldstein and Grundy. Otherwise saints very average mids will want to get used to diving against a losing ruck. That is to say I like Marshall, but as a tap ruck he gets slaughtered in ruck craft. Right now nank is getting the better of him. Grundy will rack up 50 hitouts.

That one on one spoil might have been the best defensive brilliance I've seen during Hinkleys tenure as coach. Absolutely unbelievable.

Montgomery deserves a lot of credit for the set-up of the entire back 6, but in particular McKenzie's development over the last 10 months or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone gif this

m9lK902wpawWJ1NoGbISA3ttiEhIYdK4BdV67tOH_rM.png

Heads up in AFL evolution 2 Trent won our best and fairest lol
Yep, his kicking makes him unbeatable. Chuck him at CHF with supergoals on and even Port Magpies become unstoppable.
To think we had a bunch of emos cracking the sads about losing Howard
I was definitely one of them, but McKenzie has more than made up for it so far this year. Love seeing him in the team and performing.

Super glad he's continued to prove himself this year. Think I was one of the few advocating for him to not be delisted off the back of what he'd done in the SANFL and rd 23 last year. Even I didn't expect him to play at this level every week though and thought Watts would be ahead of him, but my god is this guy in good form.

Played cricket against Nathan Bassett again yesterday (What a champion bloke he is by the way)

He's looking forward to getting stuck in again next week and getting started. I said to him that Trent McKenzie really excites me.

He had a cheeky smirk on his face and said "Well he's never really been coached" "It's hardly a coaching mecca up there" "We think he's going to be OK"

Had a couple of beers and genuine chat with him for about half an hour.

Zakk Wylde, good intel, but you should be ashamed playing cricket without adequate social distancing, and during winter FFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back