Player Watch Trent McKenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys apologies for the intrusion. Heard on AGE podcast that Trent isnt getting a game so gonna consider punting in NFL.

Any idea on what the knock on him is? Good size and elite kick. Why doesnt he get games?
Lost the athleticism he had at 18 and turn out to be just a good state league footballer.

Wish him all the best in the NFL.

File him alongside Toumpas, Trengove and Hewett and Mayes in the "I dont know why we bothered" category.

Dulmial has activated a trigger clause for next year with that goal assist 😊

Hope he stays. Offers much more than Cam Hewett and his 14 year career.

If we're ranking players by 'do they offer more than Cam Hewett' we'll be regaining everyone on our list except Cam Hewett.

Had a good game today. Cam Sutcliffe had a good game a few weeks ago too. Body of work still says delist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're ranking players by 'do they offer more than Cam Hewett' we'll be regaining everyone on our list except Cam Hewett.

Had a good game today. Cam Sutcliffe had a good game a few weeks ago too. Body of work still says delist.

He's legit plug and play, and at a much higher level than Sutcliffe.

I'd be keeping him ahead of Broadbent too.

He's legit plug and play, and at a much higher level than Sutcliffe.

I'd be keeping him ahead of Broadbent too.

Given the choice so would I, but I wouldn't be keeping either of them.

Difficult to know just what to take out of that, but certainly was not a poor game by any stretch. Can add a bit to the team, but is it enough? I suspect so.

This is why he shouldn't be on our list next year:

Absolutely ragdolled by a first gamer. The guy is a good kick, but he's a defender who can't defend. At 28 and with no other AFL level qualities to his game, being a good kick isn't enough.

Absolutely ragdolled by a first gamer. The guy is a good kick, but he's a defender who can't defend. At 28 and with no other AFL level qualities to his game, being a good kick isn't enough.

Schulzy the kid has 6cm and 10kg on him...

Alternatively here's why he should be on our list next year.

Capable of taking intercept marks against bigger opponents in a pack and also knows when to leave his man. And then his ball use once he makes these intercepts is exceptional.

Should have definitely been playing this year in the role Watts was meant to fill.

Put him on the wing get him to take kick ins might be worth another yr. If Jonas ever takes a kick in again I'll lose my s**t should be using it as a attacking option not defensive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back