Coach Tyson Goldsack - Defensive Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Tyson was a 193cm KPD. Will have plenty of experience to pass on to our KPD's playing against taller opponents.

I’ll gladly take a smart 193 cm kpd over a dumb 198 cm kpd every day of the week.

Big fan of the sack just thought we might try to get someone abit younger to possibly pick up mid season . Having said that happy for him to mentor our young defenders welcome Tyson.

Did he play at all in 2019? I remember him coming back from injury to play the finals in 2018 but he really flew off the radar last year. Was it injury or form?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Apparently played 0 AFL and 17 VFL games in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There could be added pressure, perhaps, but I think being a leader or a senior member of a club, if you’re not aiming to have the best work life balance you shouldn’t be there.

Whether it’s ski season or a red hot summer and you can get out with the wakeboard on to the lake, work life balance should be the same.”

Fixed it for 2019 Ports

Hopefully with a quality appointment like Goldsack it's a sign the club has finally woken up and is positioning itself for life after kern, Voss, Bassett and Chadbro, we can only hope!

As an aside to the above, a neighbour with a previous Port connection, and whose son is on the crow's list told me yesterday that Port have offered the Glenelg coach a job.

Hopefully with a quality appointment like Goldsack it's a sign the club has finally woken up and is positioning itself for life after kern, Voss, Bassett and Chadbro, we can only hope!

As an aside to the above, a neighbour with a previous Port connection, and whose son is on the crow's list told me yesterday that Port have offered the Glenelg coach a job.

He's a former midfield and stoppage coach at Sydney and Freo - you can see it in how well the Bays set up in the midfield.

Gra-Gra Cornes would be ropeable if we raided him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back