Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Welcome Tyson I hope you do well but...

This appointment has the smell of money saving about it. Appoint a Development Coach and make him the Magpies Leadership player as well that way you save a salary. Goldsack will do well for the Magpies in 2020 but at 33 he is hardly likely to be a long term proposition even at SANFL level.

Nothing against Tyson Goldsack but I would rather he was appointed AFL Development Coach and a player with a proven SANFL record and some longevity was appointed the Magpies leadership player. Jack Trengove and Matthew Broadbent spring to mind.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Hopefully Garner and even McKenzie can now develop in positions they are suited to, not key positions. This immediately makes the Magpies better balanced (except for the 20 forwards we now have).

The list at the Magpies should challenge for the flag again. Organic growth means the Pies will be as good as last year. I doubt Tyson will even want to be elevated mid season, so there may be a spot for someone we can promise elevation to.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Cox. Woodcock. Dixon. Goldsack.
What is the club becoming?
Looking for sponsorship from Bang Bros after they missed out on the naming rights for Miami Heat's stadium.

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
What he says and the way he speaks is EXACTLY what I expect to hear from the leaders of our club. The fact one interview sparks my interest like that shows it has been absent for far too long. He speaks like a winner who knows what it takes to win.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hopefully with a quality appointment like Goldsack it's a sign the club has finally woken up and is positioning itself for life after kern, Voss, Bassett and Chadbro, we can only hope!

As an aside to the above, a neighbour with a previous Port connection, and whose son is on the crow's list told me yesterday that Port have offered the Glenelg coach a job.
I thought Crows were after him? They are after everyone but not landing much. Sacking Burton Campo and ( sort of) Pyke has crippled their footy spend.
Meanwhile Port is bringing in some coaching talent ( having not paid out Ken) so that when Ken moves on at the end of this season we are set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
New key ring in membership packs for 2020.

images

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

This appointment has the smell of money saving about it. Appoint a Development Coach and make him the Magpies Leadership player as well that way you save a salary. Goldsack will do well for the Magpies in 2020 but at 33 he is hardly likely to be a long term proposition even at SANFL level.

Nothing against Tyson Goldsack but I would rather he was appointed AFL Development Coach and a player with a proven SANFL record and some longevity was appointed the Magpies leadership player. Jack Trengove and Matthew Broadbent spring to mind.
bunk-the-wire.gif

Broadbent would have been a solid leader. But I'd rather have Goldsack as a key back instead of Trengove as a mid accumulator.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Broadbent would have been a solid leader. But I'd rather have Goldsack as a key back instead of Trengove as a mid accumulator.

Yes, but for how long ? Tyson is 33 next year. Maybe the plan is for Goldsack to do a year with the Magpies and Sutcliffe to move back into the Magpies leadership role when Tyson retires? I don't see Sutcliffe lasting on the AFL list for long. One positive is that we have both Sutcliffe and Goldsack in the Magpie line up for a year at least. That will give some experience to the side.

Yes, but for how long ? Tyson is 33 next year. Maybe the plan is for Goldsack to do a year with the Magpies and Sutcliffe to move back into the Magpies leadership role when Tyson retires? I don't see Sutcliffe lasting on the AFL list for long. One positive is that we have both Sutcliffe and Goldsack in the Magpie line up for a year at least. That will give some experience to the side.
That could happen. Who knows who gets delisted at the end of 2020, maybe someone better comes along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back