Player Watch #47 Bigoa Nyuon

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Talking to a mate whose son played with him at Dandy.
Biggie is adored by everyone who meets him.
quality human being.
I reckon the Sudanese kids are gonna tear the comp in less than a decade.
his sister is a human rights lawyer and barracks for Richmond. I wonder if that just because it's the way it is or because of our diversity programs we are so good at?
With a team song that celebrates yellow and black so passionately, who else are they going to barrack for.

Sash Cat

Debutant
Nov 27, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

F9CB79A6-6CED-4FCD-A0D4-46B444747E96.gif

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Hugo & Biggy picks made me very happy last night

Biggy has all the tools to be the perfect full back or Half back imo , Just needs 4 years to develop both his body and his game
But he will learn from the best 4 defenders in the game Rance/Astbury/Grimes/Vlastuin

His speed is crazy

what is the thought process in not matching pick 54? what were the saints saving their pick for if not a bloke they had been developing?

can only assume they wanted someone who they didn’t think would be around if the pick got pushed back

also looking at who they did select it was a young midfielder so maybe they rate the current key position depth at the club but want some more inside grunt

They did select a ruckmen in the rookie draft but I think he’s a ready made player it may just come down to the fact they didn’t want to hold biggy in the vfl while he develops

“St Kilda has selected explosive midfielder Ryan Byrnes and elite kicker Leo Connolly in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft, along with ruckman Jack Bell as a rookie selection.

Byrnes was grabbed by the Saints with pick No. 52 after a standout season for Sandringham in the NAB League.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
can only assume they wanted someone who they didn’t think would be around if the pick got pushed back

also looking at who they did select it was a young midfielder so maybe they rate the current key position depth at the club but want some more inside grunt

They did select a ruckmen in the rookie draft but I think he’s a ready made player it may just come down to the fact they didn’t want to hold biggy in the vfl while he develops

“St Kilda has selected explosive midfielder Ryan Byrnes and elite kicker Leo Connolly in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft, along with ruckman Jack Bell as a rookie selection.

Byrnes was grabbed by the Saints with pick No. 52 after a standout season for Sandringham in the NAB League.
Byrnes was off the board before Biggie was bid on. Probably the Saints didn't need a project KPD as much as an outside mid (Connolly).

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Hugo & Biggy picks made me very happy last night

Biggy has all the tools to be the perfect full back or Half back imo , Just needs 4 years to develop both his body and his game
But he will learn from the best 4 defenders in the game Rance/Astbury/Grimes/Vlastuin

His speed is crazy

Na, thats last resort.

The first we need to do is up his endurance to play the Richo wing role and Buddy Franklin half forward flank role.

His endurance is more important than extra strength. We do not want Biggy the size of Majak Daws, he is better than that, we do not want to limit his longevity and impact. WE need Biggy to cover more ground and then look at him getting a little stronger. Chol level strength should be adequate.

We do not want to risk Biggy in the ruck too much like Adam Goodes, or grinding out against a KPP. He is better than that. We need him to showcase how good he is and place him how he helps the team the most!!!

Just wait until a generation of these Sudanese guys have started from Auskick and will have the natural skills to along with their freakish athletic ability. No amount of shitty AFL rule tinkering will be able to stop them.

agree
We are only really seeing now the first generation of kids of Sudanese backgrounds who are coming into the game and all of them still picked it up relatively late

the next generation that will be inspired by these trail blazers who grow up watching the game and kicking the footy in the backyard after school and starting aus kick and local footy from day dot will be insane

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond

They got Dougal Howard, plus they they have Marshall.

The Saints do not have the talent to visualise and implement different roles for Biggy to play in different areas and roles in different systems with different levels of talent around him to support him.

Thats the trouble, Saints saw Biggy as a ruck and KPD

Biggy can handle one half side for marking from forward, Lynch the other, JR hangs home in the 50 with Dusty at CHF in the central corridor and wherever the ball goes, perfect set-up. Time to play Harlem Globe trotter football the others can't match. Gunna be fun!!!:D

Last edited:
Just wait until a generation of these Sudanese guys have started from Auskick and will have the natural skills to along with their freakish athletic ability. No amount of shitty AFL rule tinkering will be able to stop them.

Um the article i read about biggy says he literally started in auskick

Yeah I read the same article but I would still say the point I was making still stands

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

That's why I thought of it again. The next generation will grow up in footy households and will be inspired but guys like Biggy, Chol, Daw, Aliir etc. Won't be uncommon for teams to have at least half a dozen.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
It'll take twice as long now.Auskick put back too 10mins.

Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Great story. Many people don't appreciate the life of Sudanese refugee's growing up in Kenya, really tough. Most adults come here survivors of trauma, their children growing up in a desert camp of over 200,000 people. Now a sister is a prominent lawyer, the brothers footballers. Sport is a great provider and uniting force. Good luck to Biggie, he looks a player that we need, an athletic tall back.

It’s the Australian story isn’t it? 25% of the population born overseas. His story in particular is amazing. Father killed in a war. Mother gets them into a refugee camp and finds a way to Australia. Works three jobs to make sure her children have the best possible opportunity. Plays our game and is now on an AFL list. Love it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Talking to a mate whose son played with him at Dandy.
Biggie is adored by everyone who meets him.
quality human being.
I reckon the Sudanese kids are gonna tear the comp in less than a decade.
his sister is a human rights lawyer and barracks for Richmond. I wonder if that just because it's the way it is or because of our diversity programs we are so good at?

We are inclusive club. And it starts from the top down. You set the tone and the culture follows. It’s the reason the AFLW team attracted so many players. It’s the reason a young refugee (Biggy’s sister) takes up barracking for the Tigers.

It’s why we have 100,000 members.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back