Player Watch #47 Bigoa Nyuon

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha, I did not invent anything.

I would be careful to downplay the potential of Biggy and Balta. They could become all time greats. I did not mention Kouta, and I believe I am not devling to greatly into the KPP aspect to for Biggy if you read my content.

It is important posters do not limit what Biggy and Balta could do so they reach for the stars. I would not like to see both not reach their potential because they likes of you put them in handcuffs! I am not limiting both to a hexagonal peg!! Biggy and Balta can do what they like, I am not putting the clamps on them!!

I might be able to help you with a position. What would you like to do and what do you believe your talents are??? Have you thought about being a writer??? Maybe the genre of fantasy?

It is easier for players to find new positions because the opposition is largely transparent even though AFL HQ is changing the rules all the time.

I think comparing Aussie Rules to dwarf throwing is rather insulting for the players and other stakeholders to be honest. I think Aussie Rules can be a great vehicle for empowerment!!

I think it is fantastic Balta and Biggy provide such potential along with other recruits in their own way to!!

How would Franklin be if he was told not to run along the boundary and kick long goals from the boundary?? Before Franklin did it he had to imagine he could do it, believe he could do it, will himself to do it and compose himself to do it embracing all the fanfare!! Who said Adam Goodes could ruck effectively until he was thrown in??

Who is to state what Balta and Biggy cannot do yet??

I am going to make a statement. I believe as an observer Biggy appears to be a more accurate kick than Richo. Shoot me down in flames but that is my belief!!

Without putting pressure on the two Biggy and Balta could be flops to, nothing is guaranteed or given to you. Lot of water to go under the bridge including luck, application, hard work, concentration , desire and so forth to achieve what they seek out to do

As 'The Chief' says to Gary Lyon in a recording on the latest 'Talking Tigers' episode poping up in the last 24 hours on the RFC website, " It starts with a vision"

I will be sure to take great care and "not limit what Biggy and Balta could do so they reach for the stars.” I also would not like to see both not reach their potential because the likes of me put them in handcuffs. Hey wait a minute, how did you come to visualise me placing two of our more muscular, tall, and innocent young tyros in handcuffs, and were they clothed at the time? That right there is enough to have Bruce Mcavaney salivating whilst choking on the word “delicious." It is yet another example of where you can just see things the rest of us could not conjure. As you say Mr Magic, as ‘The Chief’ says....”It starts with a vision.” :oops:

I will be sure to take great care and "not limit what Biggy and Balta could do so they reach for the stars.” I also would not like to see both not reach their potential because the likes of me put them in handcuffs. Hey wait a minute, how did you come to visualise me placing two of our more muscular, tall, and innocent young tyros in handcuffs, and were they clothed at the time? That right there is enough to have Bruce Mcavaney salivating whilst choking on the word “delicious." It is yet another example of where you can just see things the rest of us could not conjure. As you say Mr Magic, as ‘The Chief’ says....”It starts with a vision.” :oops:

source (1).gif kimjongz.jpg

Umm MR. Are you OK?

You're moving from banter to fantasizing about Bruce being delicious. I sometimes think of Bruce - during a call. And it's usually for him to shut up. Then I think of the alternative, and he's not too bad. But in a sexual way. Hmm Bruce …… No, just no.

:cool:

Umm MR. Are you OK?

You're moving from banter to fantasizing about Bruce being delicious. I sometimes think of Bruce - during a call. And it's usually for him to shut up. Then I think of the alternative, and he's not too bad. But in a sexual way. Hmm Bruce …… No, just no.

:cool:

Think I am ok Dr T. Just banter. It is not my normal practice to fantasise about Bruce I can assure you. I was merely taking Mr Magic’s turn of phrase depicting the likes of me putting Biggy and Balta in handcuffs to one of its more colourful conclusions as I thought it was a very odd thing for him to write, but you probably already know that. :)

Think I am ok Dr T. Just banter. It is not my normal practice to fantasise about Bruce I can assure you. I was merely taking Mr Magic’s turn of phrase depicting the likes of me putting Biggy and Balta in handcuffs to one of its more colourful conclusions as I thought it was a very odd thing for him to write, but you probably already know that. :)

Yeah I know Mr Magic is, um, imaginative at times.

I just had to go with Bruce in a fantasy. Cause Bruce often sounds like that is what he is actually thinking

Image result for bruce mcavaney

SStack says hi...

I wouldn’t be putting Stack on Cripps either. Stack has also proven himself to be a genuine A grade talent who other clubs will be tagging soon.

Actually don’t think our game plan requires much specific attention to other mids bar an all round defensive effort. The occasional “1v1” match up for Graham but that’s about it.

Chucking a skinny 18 year old who’s a few years off on P Cripps round 1 2020. Thank god Dimma and the rest of the coaching staff are in charge.

Bigoa is listed at 87 kg 195cm, Patrick Cripps 92 kg 195cm.

I understand Cripps is clearly more advanced but in a simplified, negating but fair role I think it would be a great learning, development opportunity for Bigoa. Horses for courses I would only play Bigoa against Cripps while he develops the rest of his game in the twos and he is ready.

I think also how many times does Cripps have a 195 cm opponent on him that is quicker and can out leap him?

I understand Bigoa still has to show development to be AFL ready if he gets there but in this instance would Bigoa possibly be more effective counteracting Cripps than say Jack Graham in this particular match up and because P Cripps can be so effective is it not worth giving Bigoa a crack?? Bigoa would simply be able to match Cripps height and reach better than most of our other players

Not saying Bigoa is going to be P Cripps but Bigoa could learn a lot about how to use his body like Cripps, be aggressive to have greater impact in the contest give him a vision of whats possible, how he can improve, where he can develop even in other positions covering the ground.

If we play Dusty forward who are we going to try and match up against Cripps anyway? RCD? Riley is listed at 189cm, 89kg and does not have Bigoa's leap. The other thing is Bigoa can help with the ruck tap at times. Its a few months a way, I would not dismiss it as a option for one game or when we play Carlton with P Cripps playing. Even if Dusty was in the middle you would not want him wasting his time negating Cripps anyway you want Dusty doing his thing winning matches

I am not stated this is something that is going to happen, to is just something I would consider especially depending on how Bigoa was going in his growth and well being. I don't want to throw Bigoa to the wolves I just think in this instance their could be more pros than cons especially longer time. It will give RFC a better idea of whats possible in his development even though it is just one game. How many times does Bigoa have the opportunity to play on a 195cm mid and vice versa?

Last edited:
Bigoa is listed at 87 cm 195cm, Patrick Cripps 92 cm 195cm.

I understand Cripps is clearly more advanced but in a simplified, negating but fair role I think it would be a great learning, development opportunity for Bigoa. Horses for courses I would only play Bigoa against Cripps while he develops the rest of his game in the twos and he is ready.

I think also how many times does Cripps have a 195 cm opponent on him that is quicker and can out leap him?

I understand Bigoa still has to show development to be AFL ready if he gets there but in this instance would Bigoa possibly be more effective counteracting Cripps than say Jack Graham in this particular match up and because P Cripps can be so effective is it not worth giving Bigoa a crack?? Bigoa would simply be able to match Cripps height and reach better than most of our other players

Not saying Bigoa is going to be P Cripps but Bigoa could learn a lot about how to use his body like Cripps, be aggressive to have greater impact in the contest give him a vision of whats possible, how he can improve, where he can develop even in other positions covering the ground.

If we play Dusty forward who are we going to try and match up against Cripps anyway? RCD? Riley is listed at 189cm, 89kg and does not have Bigoa's leap. The other thing is Bigoa can help with the ruck tap at times. Its a few months a way, I would not dismiss it as a option for one game or when we play Carlton with P Cripps playing. Even if Dusty was in the middle you would not want him wasting his time negating Cripps anyway you want Dusty doing his thing winning matches

I am not stated this is something that is going to happen, to is just something I would consider especially depending on how Bigoa was going in his growth and well being. I don't want to throw Bigoa to the wolves I just think in this instance their could be more pros than cons especially longer time. It will give RFC a better idea of whats possible in his development even though it is just one game. How many times does Bigoa have the opportunity to play on a 195cm mid and vice versa?
Of course only two games against Cripps for Biggy to see how things turn out...it's an intriguing prospect! ;) :think:👍

I’d assume Biggy is a project player who will take and be given plenty of time to develop. Quite a few guys in front of him who have done their time in the VFL waiting for their chance to break in to our dominate AFL side.

What are you doing on here???

That sounds like sense and thought. BF is (mostly) about trolling, silly or strange prognostications (great word that one) and letting off steam. Biggie is obviously projected to be a replacement for Castangna. Fast, we've got no idea what he's going to do, and as far as I know his kicking for goal is hit and MISS. If he becomes a KPD like they say then WTF is going on?? With our kids we can project any dreams onto them. And dreams are only barely tethered to reality. In my case quite often tethered to a different reality than where we live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he’s a project player then everyone we drafted this year is also a project player

this isn’t some kid plucked from overseas and never been in Australia and never kicked a footy before ffs 🙄

Even if he is not a Soldo style project player, he is an 18 year old tall player and that type of player normally take about three full years development before they can hold a position in a strong team. And this guy has Chol, CCJ and Balta and probably Garthwaite ahead of him in the queue waiting for senior opportunities. If we were to get any substantial amount of AFL games out of him before about 2023 he would be doing exceptionally well. But to think he could be handed a major role on the opposition team’s best player in round one next year as has been suggested by Master Magic seems beyond fanciful. I think we will need to cut to the long drawn out and intriguing build up with this guy and let the chase unfold at the right part of the plot.

Last edited:
Even if he is not a Soldo style project player, he is an 18 year old tall player and that type of player normally take about three full years development before they can hold a position in a strong team. And this guy has Chol, CCJ and Balta and probably Garthwaite ahead of him in the queue waiting for senior opportunities. If we were to get any substantial of AFL games out of him before about 2023 he would be doing exceptionally well. But to think he could be handed a major role on the opposition team’s best player in round one next year as has been suggested by Master Magic seems beyond fanciful. I think we will need to cut to the long drawn out and intriguing build up with this guy and let the chase unfold at the right part of the plot.

player in development not same as project! Exactly

Out of that whole article this stood out to me for some reason. Didn't get the nickname 'Biggie' due to his name literally being Bigoa - because that's ludicrous. It's obvious that he was a massive fan of OG gangsta rap at the age of 5.
I think you meant Ludacris.

What are you doing on here???

That sounds like sense and thought. BF is (mostly) about trolling, silly or strange prognostications (great word that one) and letting off steam. Biggie is obviously projected to be a replacement for Castangna. Fast, we've got no idea what he's going to do, and as far as I know his kicking for goal is hit and MISS. If he becomes a KPD like they say then WTF is going on?? With our kids we can project any dreams onto them. And dreams are only barely tethered to reality. In my case quite often tethered to a different reality than where we live.
I’m only new around here and a bit slow to catch on!!

Bigoa is listed at 87 kg 195cm, Patrick Cripps 92 kg 195cm.

I wouldn’t be playing him on Cripps.
He needs to start with some of his strengths and get his confidence.
I don’t really think of Cripps playing the ball in the air or marking in a pack to be honest.

There are three kinds of bullshit.

Standard, run-of-the-mill bullshit.

Absolute bullshit.

And the outrageous bullshit in this thread.

In ascending order.
Correct , to filter the utensil and bull just follow me , this kid will be a star however is likely 18m off it which suits us to a T as we have a few already in the queue incl his countryman , leave him Be

I wouldn’t be playing him on Cripps.
He needs to start with some of his strengths and get his confidence.
I don’t really think of Cripps playing the ball in the air or marking in a pack to be honest.

Why do you think he might lack confidence??

Doesn't know what he doesn't know??

Is there any reason you think Bigoa would not believe in himself or not have faith in the supporting staff placing him with challenges not beyond him??

He seemed undisturbed in the interview and calm with his circumstance and relaxed in his surrounds

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back