Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Fraser Turner, pick #58

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, shutdown did end Ablett's career (in the ressies).
Was at that game,, robert powell tared it up for us in a very big win in the seniors
Pretty sure GA senior never played again,,,
Was also the game where john howat kod barnsey ???

AFL website for the Allies has his date of birth written as "12/26/2000". I'm going to assume they mean 26/12/2000 ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trains at my gym and plays for my local team (Clarence) seems a very humble sort of kid, doesn’t parade around the gym like other players from the area do. Quite a skinny frame, will need to bulk up, but an aerobic beast. The Isaac Smith comparison is a good one

Strong club Cotchy9
I've got a few friends from your side of the bridge :)

Third Tasmanian taken in AFL draft as Tigers pick Turner

Clarence wingman Fraser Turner found his way to Richmond on Friday as Tasmania added to what was already its most productive national draft since 2015.

Less than 24 hours after Northern Tasmanian pair Tarryn Thomas and Chayce Jones were picked up inside the top 10, the 186cm running machine was selected with the Tigers’ pick 58 to follow in the footsteps of fellow former Roo Jack Riewoldt.

Turner was at home with his parents, sister and best mate when his name flashed up on the TV screen.

“The feeling was just relief I guess - picks started to drag on a bit and it was taking a while,” Turner said.

“I’ve spoken to (Richmond) a few times during the year but I guess it was a bit unexpected, but it’s still awesome to go to such a great club.

“You see them as such a high-profile club with big-name players and it’s just awesome to be training with them within a week.”

r2287_189_3689_1140_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Fraser Turner

The 18-year-old will fly over to Punt Road on Sunday and begin pre-season training with his new teammates the following day.

The move is a big one, but the 18-year-old said his new clubmates had already made him feel welcome.

“(Tigers coach) Damien Hardwick gave me a call, and a few players have texted me which is awesome and makes me feel a lot more comfortable heading in on Monday,” he said.

“Obviously Jack Riewoldt is a Tassie boy as well and he played for my junior club Clarence, so I guess there’s a little bit of a connection there.”

https://www.examiner.com.au/story/5...ken-in-afl-draft-as-tigers-pick-turner/?cs=12

That article is wrong ...............

It mentions his 18 years old kids a bottom ager he will turn 18 end of december

If he was born 1 week later he would be in next years draft and i like what he does for such a young kid and still has so much more growth and development left.

Happy with this selection

I’d be motivated if I was a Menadue or a Markov...

One of the youngest in the draft pool this year and played a beat on against vic side is a really good sign. Just need to get him a bit of muscle this preseason
Here's hoping!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back