Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Fraser Turner, pick #58

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a sign they want to bring this jumper back ;) lol

But seriously, Kooga were there and helped us on our way . so thank you Kooga :)

Fitter and Turner?

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/high-hopes-for-young-tasmanian-tiger
High hopes for young Tasmanian Tiger

Tasmanian football club Clarence has been good to Richmond before and could be again after the Tigers claimed elite endurance runner Fraser Turner at last week's AFL draft.

Turner impressed in three senior appearances for the Tasmanian Football League club that produced Richmond legend Royce Hart and premiership star Jack Riewoldt.

The Tigers connection goes further with the senior side coached by Jeromey Webberley, who played 16 AFL games for Richmond between 2010 and 2012.

"Jeromey has been really good to me this year in telling me about his past experiences," Turner said.

"He's been through what I'm going through.

"He might have spoken to the club during the year ... I think he put in a good word for me.

"They were obviously bigger bodies than me (in the TFL) and I felt that was pretty good exposure for me to be playing."

Turner, a winger who is considered to already possess AFL-level endurance, was one of three Tasmanians taken at this draft after a lean couple of years.

No player from the Apple Isle was selected in 2016, with only Hugh Dixon, who was picked by Fremantle, going last year.

Turner was selected 58th overall, while Tarryn Thomas (North Melbourne) and Chayce Jones (Adelaide) were top-10 picks.

While his endurance is already elite, Turner is keen to develop his inside game and has time on his side.

"I was born on Boxing Day so I just snuck into this year's draft," he said.

"I feel like I've got a lot of growth left in me (as a footballer).

"I feel like I improved a lot over this year, so hopefully I can keep improving over the next few years."

Crazy that if he was born 1 week later he wouldn't have been eligible for this draft.
Lucky break for the kid.
Otherwise he'd be a Blue next year with pick 1....Oh wait...errrrrr a Crow.

More or less an underager which is exciting, still heaps of room for growth

A mate who knows Fraser was speaking to him last night. Apparently he’s pumped to get to Richmond but knows it’s going to be a hard side to break into but it’s prepared to do the hard work
Forget Hawthorn & lolnorrf.
We own Tassie.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-28_8-2-46.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-28_8-2-46.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 114
This kid will become the perfect Grigg replacement in my view

Will grow to be a similar size and has a massive tank as well as good pace

looks on the highlights like he deals with being under pressure and see's the game open up making good choices as well as having a neat kick

Just needs to get an inside game and watching Andrew Gaff could be worth his while

looks on the highlights like he deals with being under pressure and see's the game open up making good choices as well as having a neat kick

Just needs to get an inside game and watching Andrew Gaff could be worth his while
Maybe delete the recording of the last derby :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love his contest to contest running. So quick too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back