Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s great to hear and I’m dying to get to a game this year to see the boys at VFL. Family commitments has starved me from live games this year.
Both Naish & Turner had good games and provided good run and carry as well as good disposal today

“He’s found the footy, you would expect him to, playing in the midfield,” Nick Riewoldt said on Fox Footy.

“But it’s been his really strong clearance work and the cleanliness with which he’s been able to first gather and then distribute the ball.

“He’s been really clean as a young player in the real fierce battle. So it’s hot out there and he’s been magnificent.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QTHbxtF.gif

Not sure about baker , yea that snap was awful and wasn’t it he who put it lace out for lynch sealer , don’t take that skill for granted , Ive seen simpler tasks ****ed up. 17p for a small forward is very good , a sign that a player knows what they’re doing , the very best small forwards average way less of the ball . Good signs from baker

Not sure about baker , yea that snap was awful and wasn’t it he who put it lace out for lynch sealer , don’t take that skill for granted , Ive seen simpler tasks ****** up. 17p for a small forward is very good , a sign that a player knows what they’re doing , the very best small forwards average way less of the ball . Good signs from baker

I thought he was really busy. Nice user of the ball and ran to the right spots. You’d expect a good player to nail that kick to Lynch in the last quarter. And he did. Getting better with every game.

I seen more from Jack Ross today than i seen from Corey Ellis & Ben Lennon Combined

To think we still have RCD & Fraser Turner ( who had a really good game in the vfl with 22 touches apparently )
to come into this team

Turner had 25 and 9 tackles (!)

He's currently better than Walsh imo. I'd be surprised if Walsh could look better at this stage. Another steal. How did he drop to pick 42 or so?
Love Ross, hate Carlton.... but this a crazy call. I agree the Walsh media hype is through the roof but he looks a jet and will have more tools than Ross - for example, Walsh has an outside game too, something Ross may struggle with but we don't need him for that. Both Walsh and Rozee will be the best midfielders from the draft judging by a very small sample size.

Either way, who cares? Ross is exactly what we need and we didn't need a wooden spoon to draft him.

I try not get caught up with X is better than Y in the draft as it's all subjective to what a team needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back