Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

If he doesn't get the RSN this week I'm gonna lose my s**t. And that's bad for everyone coz I don't wear underpants. The community has been warned.

Deserves it after a win, but don't be surprised if Walsh wins it this week. Huge game from him.

Does anyone in the know, know why Ross missed out on the Under 18 champs last year? Was it injury, or form?

Deserves it after a win, but don't be surprised if Walsh wins it this week. Huge game from him.

Does anyone in the know, know why Ross missed out on the Under 18 champs last year? Was it injury, or form?

I watched Walsh's game. He had a good game but nowhere near Ross's. Ross was elite at 88% disposal efficiency, did some game winning mature age stuff, was his very first game, and he did it against much higher quality opposition and subsequent pressure.

Rossy should win.

Walsh had 25 touches and 5 tackles 82% game time @78% DE
Ross had 28 touches and 6 tackles 74% game time @88% DE

With 10% less game time you would expect he would get 10% more touches and 1 tackle more which would bring them about even except the the difference in DE where Ross gets him.

Great game by both boys

I watched Walsh's game. He had a good game but nowhere near Ross's. Ross was elite at 88% disposal efficiency, did some game winning mature age stuff, was his very first game, and he did it against much higher quality opposition and subsequent pressure.

Rossy should win.

Ross shouldered more load and showed more presence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know where we keep finding these guys who look and play like they've been around for years, but it's exciting stuff. Gone are the days where we'd have to latch onto short flashes from our youngsters as potential stars of the future, now we're getting full games on debut!

Super impressive performance by Ross, there were times on Saturday that he seemed to put the midfield on his back, going to be really interesting to see how he fits in when our A-graders return.

Don't know where we keep finding these guys who look and play like they've been around for years, but it's exciting stuff. Gone are the days where we'd have to latch onto short flashes from our youngsters as potential stars of the future, now we're getting full games on debut!

Super impressive performance by Ross, there were times on Saturday that he seemed to put the midfield on his back, going to be really interesting to see how he fits in when our A-graders return.

We actually have resources thrown into recruiting compared to years past. The old dark days of recruiting a bloke based on tapes is long gone.

If he doesn't get the RSN this week I'm gonna lose my s**t. And that's bad for everyone coz I don't wear underpants. The community has been warned.

Just the community ? I think you're underestimating what happens when you lose your s**t?.......o_O........;)

We actually have resources thrown into recruiting compared to years past. The old dark days of recruiting a bloke based on tapes is long gone.

Cannot like this comment enough Tiger71 !!! So glad we are in the position to do so as well. Hope the days of under-resourcing the recruiters is well and truly a thing of the past (where it belongs).....

88% efficiency is absolutely amazing.

Just read his draft wrap and it mentioned that he tested very well for speed over the first 20.

That’s a great combo- wins his own ball, uses it well, and has above average speed (something that surprised me).

Cannot like this comment enough Tiger71 !!! So glad we are in the position to do so as well. Hope the days of under-resourcing the recruiters is well and truly a thing of the past (where it belongs).....
They’ve always copped a lot of flak, but still managed to draft the vast majority of a premiership team including two Brownlow winners, despite the under-resourcing. Still somehow hated and underrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back