Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

Stack is a completely different footballer to that of last year. And I just don’t understand how that has happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we need to be a bit kinder to Syd. Last year's draft is one of the best ever - not everyone will have a second year like Walsh, Smith and Butters (Rozee's struggling a wee bit too). Sophomore blues are well documented. Yes his dynamicism isn't quite there, but his contested work and physicality was superb.

Stack is a completely different footballer to that of last year. And I just don’t understand how that has happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing I can think of is the syndesmosis injury he suffered late last year, he might have lost a bit of spring and agility because of it.

I appreciate how hard he works but to me he is a limited footballer and will struggle with Bolton, Stack, Pickett, Ross, RCD and Dow, perhaps a Turner or the new draft pics this year from Qld, who are both mids. Premiership midfields are hard to get a gig in and the names above only got a shot because of injuries and covid. It's not going to get any easier to make the team than now.

Although I agree, I actually disagree quite strongly on what Jack does the Tiger game plan. We rely on stopping the opposition getting clean ball from contests. Dirty ball we love. If there is one thing Jack Graham does better than just about anyone (except maybe Cotch) it's stopping clean ball. There are basically no stats for what Jack is elite at. But in our game plan it is central. In a team with the right players around him Jack Graham adds way more than than his stats. He create a structure. And that structure wins premierships.

Only thing I can think of is the syndesmosis injury he suffered late last year, he might have lost a bit of spring and agility because of it.
Don’t know why but his confidence is shot , the bravado to take intercept marks , take on oppo and deliver with pin point precision just not there , he’s laying off hot little handballs and not going anywhere near contesting for marks , gee I wish we could see the stacky of 12m ago

I think we need to be a bit kinder to Syd. Last year's draft is one of the best ever - not everyone will have a second year like Walsh, Smith and Butters (Rozee's struggling a wee bit too). Sophomore blues are well documented. Yes his dynamicism isn't quite there, but his contested work and physicality was superb.
Walsh and Smith were AFL footballers before they turned 8. Smith was so dedicated he went on torture runs and counted his calorie intake. The SA boys struggled early but have been in group training for a lot longer. Stack's background is much different and judging by his lack of match fitness it looks like he struggled with the solo training. He should get better quickly you'd think.

I love Jack G but if he’s our replacement for cotch we ll struggle , we need to invest in finding that replacement, Rossy so should be persevered with

I never said he replaces Cotch. I said in one key aspect of what he brings he's elite. And that aspect is central to our game plan. I also said he's dropped production. If he can keep up the pressure and get back to 20 possessions a game he's well worth a first 22 spot. We would want maybe 2 Jack Graham types in the team, max.

Cotch we could take about 10, and we'd be unbeatable.

Whats wrong with Stack !!!

Dimma hinted to it in his presser , After we went into lockdown he got lazy , unfit and fat and now is paying the price for this having to regain fitness and drop the extra weight. Not good enough and needs to become more professional.

Whilst I am not a massive fan of Graham and i do like Ross's potential jack Graham had a bigger impact and was more advnced than what jack Ross is currently but Ross has the size and athletic ability to become a better player.

Ross , Turner , RCD , Dow , Martyn , Cumberland , Ralph Smith should all have a good development both physically as well as game style knowledge and will be ready to play the Richmond game in 2021.

Whats wrong with Stack !!!

Dimma hinted to it in his presser , After we went into lockdown he got lazy , unfit and fat and now is paying the price for this having to regain fitness and drop the extra weight. Not good enough and needs to become more professional.

Whilst I am not a massive fan of Graham and i do like Ross's potential jack Graham had a bigger impact and was more advnced than what jack Ross is currently but Ross has the size and athletic ability to become a better player.

Ross , Turner , RCD , Dow , Martyn , Cumberland , Ralph Smith should all have a good development both physically as well as game style knowledge and will be ready to play the Richmond game in 2021.
Stack came back ,maybe, unfit. Training watchers said he came last in a particular foot race. But have a look at training photos and he isn't fat. He played OK in one of three games post COVID. And he was involved in the Dogs game, playing in the middle. Did some good things. As did Ross. good signs for the 2 of them. Both need a few games to get the feel of the pace of the game. Markov's game was good too so it'll be hard to drop him. Egg might be OUT I think.

Stack came back ,maybe, unfit. Training watchers said he came last in a particular foot race. But have a look at training photos and he isn't fat. He played OK in one of three games post COVID. And he was involved in the Dogs game, playing in the middle. Did some good things. As did Ross. good signs for the 2 of them. Both need a few games to get the feel of the pace of the game. Markov's game was good too so it'll be hard to drop him. Egg might be OUT I think.

Markov will make way for Vlastuin, surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Markov will make way for Vlastuin, surely?
I've got a feeling it might be Egg that makes way. Nothing to do with performance. Both players played well. Egg has a solid future ahead. Markov is in his last year and been very injury interrupted I think they will select Markov for a few games to show what he can do on the field. This game and the Adelaide game.

I've got a feeling it might be Egg that makes way. Nothing to do with performance. Both players played well. Egg has a solid future ahead. Markov is in his last year and been very injury interrupted I think they will select Markov for a few games to show what he can do on the field. This game and the Adelaide game.

Seems the selectors went like for like role wise.

Not fat but looking at him in the doggies game you could see he was a different shape to when he payed last year , Had more of a Byron Pickett look about him ;)

Been disappointing both weeks has Ross. Not winning the footy (3 contested possessions tonight after 5 last week) and having little impact with his disposals. Only the 1 tackle tonight which is all he mustered last week so time to give someone else an opportunity. Still a fan of his but he looks like someone who spent preseason working on getting hand ball receives rather than crashing and bashing in midfield.

Was given a lesson by Boak and Wines today. Shouldn't be in the team over Graham while RCD deserves a crack given Ross is well of the pace at the moment. Second year player and deserves time so don't want to come across as to harsh but premiership players shouldn't be missing out so that they can carry someone who isn't ready.

Was given a lesson by Boak and Wines today. Shouldn't be in the team over Graham while RCD deserves a crack given Ross is well of the pace at the moment. Second year player and deserves time so don't want to come across as to harsh but premiership players shouldn't be missing out so that they can carry someone who isn't ready.

Piss poor take. The whole midfield got destroyed so pin pointing it on one kid is strange. Lambert 5 disposals, Martin's worst game all year, Stack 8 disposals, Pickett 8 disposals, Caddy turned it over every time he got it, Bolton faded.

Ross is a much better player than Graham. And Ross was one of our more solid players today. He will look much better when we get the likes of Cotchin and Prestia back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back