Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Really pleasing game from Ross last night. Did some telling and classy things in traffic and I think this bodes well. 😁
Kid has great composure and the ability to stand up in a tackle and distribute. Love that he is back in the side and will be interesting come finals if he stays in. Reckon Prestia will replace he or Graham if it comes to that.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I owe Ross a small apology - I didn't want him in last night but he played quite a good game. Good on him - I hope he can continue that form.

Same here mate. I have been hard on the kid, not because i dont rate him, I always have. Just hard on him because I feel he lets himself down as he loses concentration when he has the ball hence he used to turn it over all the time, he is a better player then that. I was starting to believe, he would not be able to change that major flaw. How wrong I was, he was fantastic tonight, played to his strengths and was hungry for the contest. I also loved he kept his game simple and always was in the zone.

We have a player.

Oct 27, 2014
M15
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bucks
really happy for jack...ross, that is.

watched the replay. 1st half was exceptional - ball-use, pressure, tackling. 2nd half, despite not heaps of possession, rossy did everything without the ball that we needed him to - posters have mentioned tapping to teammates and the like.

probably out for dion (if he gets back) but a really encouraging game for a bloke who is still just 20 years old.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Let Cotch have a rest next week and give him a full game in midfield.
I really liked Ross' game and he stays in my 22 anyhow until Prestia is back. Rest Cotch along with Lynch & Soldo out? Just to get game time into Ross? Yeah...nah. We drop this game we end up 5th for what benefit? Ross's development? Great composed game this week.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Was his last game prior to this one against Port ? Pretty sure that night was defensively poor.

Would love to know stats for his defensive acts (or whatever they are called) against Cats compared to the Port game- like chalk and cheese I’m guessing

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Was his last game prior to this one against Port ? Pretty sure that night was defensively poor.

Would love to know stats for his defensive acts (or whatever they are called) against Cats compared to the Port game- like chalk and cheese I’m guessing
Cats: 19 Pressure Acts (most of any player on the field)
Power: 19 Pressure Acts (4th most of any player on the field, 3rd most for RFC, Lambert had 23 and Stack had 21).

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Cats: 19 Pressure Acts (most of any player on the field)
Power: 19 Pressure Acts (4th most of any player on the field, 3rd most for RFC, Lambert had 23 and Stack had 21).
Cheers.

The Port stats are surprising. I was under the impression that’s why he was dropped ie defensive pressure.

What’s the old saying- never assume- makes an ass out of u and me

Cheers.

The Port stats are surprising. I was under the impression that’s why he was dropped ie defensive pressure.

What’s the old saying- never assume- makes an ass out of u and me

He didnt get dropped though did he?

He did his ankle not long after and was out the majority of the season

Back