Welcome Welcome to Richmond - Luke English, pick #62

Remove this Banner Ad

Kmac an elite runner no doubt. We’ve got to get improvement from somewhere to be able to beat West Coast. A fit Graham would be a good start. But there are question marks over Broad, Kmac, Short and Castagna in my mind. And I’d chuck a question mark over Ellis too.

Tom Lynch might improve us just a little bit ;)

In all seriousness Castagna loses his spot to Lynch, Higgins and Graham (plus Rioli and Butler) another preseason, I reckon Garth takes Broads spot. On the other hand Houli is another year older, need Markov to push.

A few others like Bolton, Balta and Naish will hopefully push from below and I reckon RCD and Ross especially might be closer then people think to playing next season.

Tom Lynch might improve us just a little bit ;)

In all seriousness Castagna loses his spot to Lynch, Higgins and Graham (plus Rioli and Butler) another preseason, I reckon Garth takes Broads spot. On the other hand Houli is another year older, need Markov to push.

A few others like Bolton, Balta and Naish will hopefully push from below and I reckon RCD and Ross especially might be closer then people think to playing next season.

100% agree. I can see Garth taking Broads spot, and youd like to think there are several players ready to put real heat on Grigg, Short and Houli.

We need to give some players an opportunity to shine like we did in 2017, we might be surprised when a Menadue, Markov, Bolton, RCD, Balta or Garthwaite step up and make us a better side.

What are you question marks regarding those five?.. just curious..
With Lynch coming into the side. Caddy moves upfield and takes someone's spot. That'd be Castagna. There's going to be some change to our playing style with Lynch coming in. He's got to do some rucking up fwd, and let Nank drift back.
Jack Graham I'd give good time to get over his injury and freshen up. I would play Higgins in his place. And bring Butler. (or a new recruit) When he gets over his injury it has to be KMac. His game against Hawthorn was OK. But his lack of polish got shown up by the Pies. Is Broad doing enough? Great defender. But Astbury plays the lock down defender too. Only thing saving Broad is that Garth is the same height 192. I wouldn't mind a taller KPD on our list 197 or so. We don't really have one. I guess Nank takes good intercept marks down there to help out. Rance and Vlas the interceptors. Need a small lock down defender. Ellis played this role reasonably well during the year. & Kmac could be used in defence (or as a tagger) but it would be at the expense of Houli or Short. Their run is great but those 2 are shown up defensively under the pressure of the big games. Going into the season I reckon Houli is better than Short. But Short is on bigger coin. I think Bachar will call his retirement end of 2019.

Last edited:
With Lynch coming into the side. Caddy moves upfield and takes someone's spot. That'd be Castagna. There's going to be some change to our playing style with Lynch coming in. He's got to do some rucking up fwd, and let Nank drift back.
Jack Graham I'd give good time to get over his injury and freshen up. I would play Higgins in his place. And bring Butler. (or a new recruit) When he gets over his injury it has to be KMac. His game against Hawthorn was OK. But his lack of polish got shown up by the Pies. Is Broad doing enough? Great defender. But Astbury plays the lock down defender too. Only thing saving Broad is that Garth is the same height 192. I wouldn't mind a taller KPD on our list 197 or so. We don't really have one. I guess Nank takes good intercept marks down there to help out. Rance and Vlas the interceptors. Need a small lock down defender. Ellis played this role reasonably well during the year. & Kmac could be used in defence (or as a tagger) but it would be at the expense of Houli or Short. Their run is great but those 2 are shown up defensively under the pressure of the big games. Going into the season I reckon Houli is better than Short. But Short is on bigger coin. I think Bachar will call his retirement end of 2019.
Gidday TTT, i caught up with big Garth at Wang [Bushies] before Milesy's wedding and asked a'' favour'', Guess what, 195cm now for sure, big year for this young man, IMO, cheers Team, Go Tigers 2019

Garth looks the goods but isn’t going to replace Broad. He’s a key back only, whilst Broads strength is shutting down medium and smalls. Garth only comes in if Rance or Astbury are injured!

Garth can play on all types, he hates to lose. And even if he couldn’t play on smalls just shift Rance across and free him up even more to be damaging.

I think he can do it, as he has done this before. Mongrel requirement is a bit over stated imo.
And I reckon Kamdyn could play this role. Has the mongrel, the tank, and is not silky skilled, so when he does take possession of the ball he can just quickly dispose of it.

Garth looks the goods but isn’t going to replace Broad. He’s a key back only, whilst Broads strength is shutting down medium and smalls. Garth only comes in if Rance or Astbury are injured!
And when was the last time Rance was injured? Astbury on the other hand ill on game day but no Garth? No confidence in him yet, bu got to get a block of senior games into him this year, which wold be at Broad's expense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garth can play on all types, he hates to lose. And even if he couldn’t play on smalls just shift Rance across and free him up even more to be damaging.
I would love to see Garth come into the team next year in replace of Broad. Rance and Vlas to play interceptors, Garth and Astbury to play KPD, Grimes to lock down on small/medium forwards and I think only 1 of Short and Houli can be in the team next year. Got shown up far too much defensively with both of them in the team. Markov and Menadue I think offer more defensively than Short. So will be interesting to see how they fair after an injury free pre season. Competition for spots is great

A bit confused with all the new ways to get new players , a few years ago AFL was like a fish's Arseole, no players after draft, holly farging hell,
Now we have small penis players rule,
Well hung new guys draft,
Sagging balls guys draft,
No speaka English draft,
Next we get micro dik draft(tiger 71), type players .
haven't seen the Last Chance Saloon Draft yet...

It says “at this early stage” he’s considered top 20. He then goes and makes u18 All-Australian and dominates Colts. Wonder why the top 20 talk died down
The knock on him is that he’s a one paced midfielder with little hurt factor. Hopefully he’s more like Tom Mitchell and Matt Crouch than he is Anthony Miles and Matt Thomas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back