Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel bad for the guys on the lower rungs getting screwed because guys like danger and jack are assholes.

But honestly the hyperbole in here and the media the bloke has played one game, and people are talking about him like he is one of the stars of the game. Plenty of other players got temporary jobs during the lock down
Marlion was working in the prisons. Pay wall stops from accessing the article.

Said that when he is done with footy, he would like to continue that work.

MB thread started by a salty Crow's fan #VICBIAS

Sorry to intrude here folks, but this article may give you some laughs at that Adelaide Crows D/H who is still clearly not gotten over 2017 GF.

As a sidenote, I am happy to help ourt Marlion and his family in my own small way, seems like a really good bloke who made the most of his second chance (not just in football but more importantly life) and I know how tough it can be for players not a senior AFL lIst and wage.

There is a lot of ignorant and illinformed bile on that Main Board thread.

I know as a Carlton man I am meant to be all things not Richmond, but leaving aside the fierce rivalry we have had over the years, this is more than a footy issue, it's a life and lifestyle issue, and Marlion deserves to get a bit of a break financially, he is an inspiration and role model for all young blokes (esp indigenous) currently serving time in the clink and worked his backside off for his opportunity at AFL level.

Best of luck to him and The Tigers when the season resumes.

Fmd why???

Might just come down to the fact they don’t want the side to go in to tall

The problem comes from the fact that both Lynch and Jack shouldn’t play in the ruck but genuinely whoever plays as that 2nd tall forward will be that 2nd ruck cover

so they need to essentially lose a midfielder or more versatile player off the bench to play two rucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might just come down to the fact they don’t want the side to go in to tall

The problem comes from the fact that both Lynch and Jack shouldn’t play in the ruck but genuinely whoever plays as that 2nd tall forward will be that 2nd ruck cover

so they need to essentially lose a midfielder or more versatile player off the bench to play two rucks
Balta is the ideal player but who do you drop ? Broad ,Stack ,Soldo ,Short tough decision .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Basically I read that as Marlion is very versatile and he said Marlion simply to say they might go with a makeshift ruck. Personally I'd expect them to go with a taller more 'strong' type. If RCD was a bit more mature he'd be perfect.

But interesting if it was basically that they reckon Marlion is as smart as Grigg, and can make a huge difference in the middle with his smarts. That'd be awesome to have a super smart but more talented Grigg type.

Balta is the ideal player but who do you drop ? Broad ,Stack ,Soldo ,Short tough decision .

If he was ready 100%
but I don’t think Balta is quite ready to push any of those guys out of the side
I mentioned in another post he hasn’t shown (to me) that he can do the little things) consistently enough

If he was ready 100%
but I don’t think Balta is quite ready to push any of those guys out of the side
I mentioned in another post he hasn’t shown (to me) that he can do the little things) consistently enough
Yeah ,the footy smarts and the experience is the concern with Balta .
No VFL football is going to hurt players like Balta .Balta's versatility might work against him ,in that he doesn't get too settle in a position .

If he was ready 100%

Doesn't matter if he is ready

Worth the risk

Fast Wayne Carey's don't grow o tree

Did you watch the presser with Leppa that it came from?

Sounded more like a passing comment rather than a full on legit thing we are gonna do
Yeah, he just put it out there, partially in jest I reckon. And then it got some traction with the journos, so Leppa just seemed happy to let them run with it. He was clearly enjoying himself with what he’d started - cheeky bastard. He would’ve had a big chuckle with Dimma about it afterwards I’d imagine.

Yeah ,the footy smarts and the experience is the concern with Balta .
No VFL football is going to hurt players like Balta .Balta's versatility might work against him ,in that he doesn't get too settle in a position .

Balta's versatility is handy if he has to play a burst in defence, up fwd or in the ruck. His sprint & long bombs are good. I like Balta following the ball TBH so I'd play him instead of Nank/Soldo. Pickett just plays mid. JR loves to try and sneak the ball from ruck contests in the fwd half.
I think the days of not using a genuine ruck are over, when we have CJ and Chol on the list. And watched some highlights of Bigoa. I was surprised how well he played as a ruck.

Because if you drop nank or Soldo

You can fit in another running player
Attack from anywhere on the ground V attack from stoppages...I reckon stoppages will be minimal with shorten Q's just cos it looks better as a TV spectacle!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back