Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

Much improved. Definitely trying harder and getting more involved. I didn't think he was amazing though. But I guess if people didn't think he wasnt bad previously (he was) this game will be hyped up badly.

56 disposal efficiency in a bruise free contest. 3 clangers, only 3 contested possessions. A lot of his disposals went no where.

My problem with him is he really struggles to think his way through traffic which leads to him being a step slow on his disposal. I'm happy for him to stay for now.

Last edited:
He looked to me like a 28 year old who has now played 6 games, slowly getting the pace of it, where to be, where not to be (chasing useless stats), all whilst not just finding his feet out in a pocket or something but right in amongst it..... funny that?
Forget his Grand Final, just like jack Graham before him and then some he’s being held to a ridiculously unrealistic standard.
He’s doing great.

He looked to me like a 28 year old who has now played 6 games, slowly getting the pace of it, where to be, where not to be (chasing useless stats), all whilst not just finding his feet out in a pocket or something but right in amongst it..... funny that?
Forget his Grand Final, just like jack Graham before him and then some he’s being held to a ridiculously unrealistic standard.
He’s doing great.

You said it all. I absolutely love the way he moves, slick and measured, there are glimpses there. It’s a matter of just putting those bits together.... at AFL level.... at which he has played 6 games.... 6.

Much improved. Definitely trying harder and getting more involved. I didn't think he was amazing though. But I guess if people didn't think he wasnt bad previously (he was) this game will be hyped up badly.

56 disposal efficiency in a bruise free contest. 3 clangers, only 3 contested possessions. A lot of his disposals went no where.

My problem with him is he really struggles to think his way through traffic which leads to him being a step slow on his disposal. I'm happy for him to stay for now.
Seems to me to really struggle with running games out strongly...touch of shai's fitness...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After 5 coaches votes I reckon he stays in :)

Richmond v North Melbourne
8 Derek Eggmolesse-Smith (RICH)
6 Dylan Grimes (RICH)
6 Shai Bolton (RICH)
5 Marlion Pickett (RICH)
3 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
1 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
1 Jayden Short (RICH)
Yep, I'm always pretty interested to see the coaches votes (also bnf votes) as it shows who and what the coaches really value. At this rate he'll have another few games at least

6 Dylan Grimes (RICH)
6 Shai Bolton (RICH)
5 Marlion Pickett (RICH)
3 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
1 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
1 Jayden Short (RICH)
Strange vote distribution there - the coaches saw the game wildly differently based on that.

I can't see any other way those votes could've been distributed than

5 votes: Pickett, Egg
4 votes: Grimes, Bolton
3 votes: Egg, Vlastuin
2 votes: Bolton, Grimes
1 vote: Short, Higgins

One coach thought Pickett was BOG and the other thought he wasn't in the top 5.

6 Dylan Grimes (RICH)
6 Shai Bolton (RICH)
5 Marlion Pickett (RICH)
3 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
1 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
1 Jayden Short (RICH)
If you do the maths on that, it was one coach giving him 5 and the other coach giving him 0.

I wonder which way around it was ...

Strange vote distribution there - the coaches saw the game wildly differently based on that.

I can't see any other way those votes could've been distributed than

5 votes: Pickett, Egg
4 votes: Grimes, Bolton
3 votes: Egg, Vlastuin
2 votes: Bolton, Grimes
1 vote: Short, Higgins

One coach thought Pickett was BOG and the other thought he wasn't in the top 5.
Defenders feature prominently. Egg, Grimes, Vlas, Short, vs Pickett & Bolton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back