Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah right back at them... The only thing we have to thank western Australia for is that we ain't all speaking Dutch ..if you were going to give Australia an enema that's where you'd shove the tube in
I think it's more to do with the revenue they provide through mining and the pittance they get back.

And because there is so many poms over there, you always hear about it lol

I hear the Statue of KB has the following passage written on it:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

We provide the opportunity for immigrants, muslims, Jehovahs Witnesses, children of bikies, children of commission housing, farmers, indigenous kids, ex prisoners, guys with lisps, guys who missed drafts, opposition discards.....

and we turn them into stars. ;)
Vignerons

Richmond recruits sometimes start their AFL journeys living with the coach at the Hardwick household. But new Tiger Marlion Pickett has taken the surprising route, he’s landed at “the Dusty palace”.

Pickett was picked up by the Tigers on Monday at the mid-season draft and will be eased into the Melbourne lifestyle by Brownlow Medal-winning midfielder Dustin Martin.

“I’m probably tipping the Dusty palace is a little bit better than the Hardwick palace,” Richmond coach Damien Hardwick joked on Thursday morning.

“It’s great from Dustin, he put his hand up and wanted to have him for a week perhaps, I’m not exactly sure, but I’m sure when Marlion’s four kids come over he’ll be soon to get rid of him.”

Hardwick said Martin had become a real leader at Tigerland.

“He’s incredible really. The way he’s grown … we naturally expect players to mature but the person he’s become; it’s been a journey,” he said.

“For him to become a leader of our club is incredible. It’s something we probably expected — not many other people did — but we see what he does internally and we’ve always valued that really highly.”

Pickett’s AFL ambitions are on hold for 8-10 weeks with a broken finger but even a lengthy layoff couldn’t dour Hardwick’s excitement.

1559201802363.png

The 27-year-old’s athleticism, size for a midfielder and natural ability makes him a tantalising prospect.

“Have you seen his tape?” Hardwick laughed.

“I would’ve picked him this week if he didn’t break his finger. A few nervous boys when we walked into selection when we showed his highlights this morning.

“I think he’s capable (of playing AFL this year), there’s no doubt. Learning the system will take some time, absolutely, but the reality is good players are good players. From what I’ve seen and what I can gather, he’s very highly regarded in the WAFL league with his ability to play the game and I got no doubt it’ll transfer.”

Pickett’s path from jail time to WAFL star has been well documented since realising his AFL dream and is another reason Hardwick is thrilled to have him at the Tigers.

“The thing I love about our club is we embrace those challenges. It adds to the person’s story and adds to our club story along the way,” Hardwick said.

“The one thing I will say about footy clubs is they are fantastic at wrapping their arms around and giving people a chance. That’s a great thing about sport in general, it allows people to grow and thrive and get better as a result.

“I commend the AFL for giving us a mid-season draft because the reality is if we didn’t have this (mid-season draft), Marlion doesn’t get a chance.”

Marlion pickett moving in with dusty. Spent 2 years in jail as a teenager. What could possibly go wrong. Add sydney stack into the mix who is a seriously loose unit when he has free time, and it will make for interesting times in the off season.
From the Geelong board. Hope we smash those inferior felines next week with Stack and Dusty starring and Marlion cheering them on in the stands.

Not even going to play this year.. 28 next year.. This all seems very pointless.

Plenty of kids that we could concentrate on..

Im sure he will be a ok player but feels like just a waste of time and really not what the mid season draft is about..

Not even going to play this year.. 28 next year.. This all seems very pointless.

Im sure he will be a ok player but feels like just a waste of time and really not what the mid season draft is about..

Disagree
Exactly what the mid season draft was all about
Picking up a player who has been overlooked in multiple drafts and given a chance to play afl

I think it's more to do with the revenue they provide through mining and the pittance they get back.

And because there is so many poms over there, you always hear about it lol

They only make any money when commodities are booming. That's why Perth now looks like a wasteland and they barely had enough money to finish the stadium. When commodities are low the rest of the country subsidises them.

strengthens us in the next few years while we are in our window and cost us nothing

a no brainer selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

need to confiscate his phone to accelerate the finger recovery....no Tinder for a month

just get him one of those pet Elizabethan collars.......for finger
not happy Jan

s-l1000.jpg

Plenty of kids , is that why so many clubs passed .

Dimma sounded really excited by Marlion when speaking about him today. I got the impression that he thinks he’s ready to go.

Well he has been playing against men for years at the next level down. He's ready.
8 weeks full running learning structures..end of July
2 weeks vfl
Bring him in r21 vs Blues for a warm up
Then r22 vs Weagles.... best!

From the Geelong board. Hope we smash those inferior felines next week with Stack and Dusty starring and Marlion cheering them on in the stands.
From the club who worships a murderer Jesus wept

The national draft is for the kids. The mid-season draft is for those players that wouldn’t generally be given a chance, whether due to personal life off-field, ages, or whatever.

Marlion Pickett is exactly the reason the mid-season draft was implemented. A seriously talented player that will never get picked up in the national draft due to his age and the fact most clubs are incredibly gun shy when it comes to off-field issues.

Bloke melted that you posted that in here haha
obsession for men

calls us obsessed when he is in here reading our thread lel

they legit think they have rivalry with us now but to us they will always be a nothing club. all they do is talk about Richmond

its good to be the king !

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back