Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Marcon is a jet at VFL, but failed when given the opportunity at AFL. The step can be too high is what I was saying. As I said Pickett looks to me lacking match fitness, but he’s still unproven at AFL.
If a spot opened up I reckon he’s at the pointy end of the queue , we re close to fully fit so I can’t really see it. My spider senses are tingling though

Yep. Needs headspace as well to clear some things of past few weeks. Preseason then bang in 2020.

Haere Ra

Thanks Kiwi, Marlion played like someone who also had other things to think about the last two weeks, your comment suggests that might be the case. Hasn't really played with the freedom of that first game. No easy task what he's done. Family of 6, mid year, and suddenly try and be a professional footballer. Kudos to him and his family.

Finals is way too high a stakes to be trying somebody out.
You could also argue the stakes are too high to keep carrying a proven finals failure in awful form.

Dimma will go with the devil he knows though, and fair enough. Just not quite enough time in the season left for Marlion.

You could also argue the stakes are too high to keep carrying a proven finals failure in awful form.

Dimma will go with the devil he knows though, and fair enough. Just not quite enough time in the season left for Marlion.
I was really disappointed they didn’t play him in the last couple of games, would’ve been easier call to make then but we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes.

Your man Short will want to be a lot cleaner with ball in hand then last week seeing as his in the team for his field kicking.

I was really disappointed they didn’t play him in the last couple of games, would’ve been easier call to make then but we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes.

Your man Short will want to be a lot cleaner with ball in hand then last week seeing as his in the team for his field kicking.
If the Stackman recovers, Shorty will be crying into his Corn Flakes.

He has the skills and I believe will come up to speed perhaps with an AFL preseason under his belt. Not consistent yet though. That play in the highlights reel of him weaving through traffic and going long into the 50....looks great, was great....but I bet he gets done htb if that were AFL.
VFL makes Butler and Menadue look like Eddie Betts, let's not forget.
Here's the thing, if you are telling me he has more upside than Ellis then yeah, he might, with a tank, he is courageous. But if they played on each other tomorrow BEllis would blow him up and get 30 touches.
Ellis will never take a mark like that though, never, doesn't have it in him.
Not quite Nick Reiwoldt.....But not far off....bloody amazing mark!

Butler has been struggling in the VFL and Menadue has often struggled to get the ball at that level too.

Ellis has been pretty poor too the few times he has dropped back to the level imo

Which games were Ellis poor in?

like i said the vfl finals he played in

he got a lot of it as per usual but they were mostly useless brando touches and generally low impact of the game

Its a myth Ellis would suddenly be Michael Voss in the vfl imo. Would probable be exposed more long term

like i said the vfl finals he played in

he got a lot of it as per usual but they were mostly useless brando touches and generally low impact of the game

Its a myth Ellis would suddenly be Michael Voss in the vfl imo. Would probable be exposed more long term
he played 2 finals, was ok against Sandi and 2nd best on ground the following week against the bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he played 2 finals, was ok against Sandi and 2nd best on ground the following week against the bombers.

look at around page 70 of the ellis thread for a summary

pretty on point apart from old mate
Coxy_
being off the rails as per usual

was pretty average v the drugs cheats that day. Especially with the game on the line.

look at around page 70 of the ellis thread for a summary

pretty on point apart from old mate
Coxy_
being off the rails as per usual

was pretty average v the drugs cheats that day. Especially with the game on the line.
Richmond ranked him 2nd best, thats good enough for me

Nahhh what suprises me is the other sheet TI comes out with! :)

I think TI aspires to be a tennis player. As hard as the sheet is that comes to him in here at times, he hit's it back just as hard! The law of the pendulum ;)

The John McEnroe of Big Footy forums...
View attachment 739788 ...I'm serious! :)

Sirius...Sirius....you can't be Sirius, Mr Black........
Like in a game of footy, sometimes the umpiring is so crap you just have throw your hands up and plead for some sanity!
(something I haven't seen Marlion do once yet by the way)

Last edited:
Sirius...Sirius....you can't be Sirius, Mr Black........
Like in a game of footy, sometimes the umpiring is so crap you just have throw your hands up and plead for some sanity!
(something I haven't seen Marlion do once yet by the way)
Seriously that Pickett is going to be some player when comfortably settled here in Melbourne and with a full pre-season under his belt! :thumbsu: :p :thumbsu:

Seriously that Pickett is going to be some player when comfortably settled here in Melbourne and with a full pre-season under his belt! :thumbsu: :p :thumbsu:

There you go again Sirius....... Yes Pickett has some special qualities that are hard to teach. He reads time and motion as well as anyone in the AFL system perhaps, we shall see when he has to up the ante. I hope things settle well for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back