Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

BKM78

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Butler has been struggling in the VFL and Menadue has often struggled to get the ball at that level too.

Ellis has been pretty poor too the few times he has dropped back to the level imo

No space. More physical. Less skill around you will do that to many.
Edit: is also why Anthony Miles looked like a certain Brownlow medalist at that level.

Thinking the same thing last night!

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Just got back from the Gabba open training.

Marlion is a certified freak. Saw him kick a 50m left foot torp right through the big ones off one-step.

Bloke is more skilled than most on the list already.

We've got an absolute ripper boys!!
well then why dont we *en play him

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Pickett for Ellis please as I’m sure we wouldn’t lose much in hardness and headless chook gut running.
I think if he has a blinder this week, he’ll put an awful lot of pressure on the selectors to do just that. It’s really now up to Marlion to perform.

Last edited:

Vril

Debutant
Sep 8, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I think if he has a blinder this week, he’ll put an awful lot of pressure on the selectors to do just that. It’s really now up to Marlion to perform.
Imagine debuting in front of 95k at the MCG in a Prelim 😱

That’s why I think they will hold him back and will play it conservatively. Any other week and Ellis would be gone, but unfortunately there will be no changes unless someone is injured.

Pickett for Ellis please as I’m sure we wouldn’t lose much in hardness and headless chook gut running.

Does Pickett even play fat side wing? That's not a like for like sub. Pickett plays centre square, hbf or half forward.

Back