Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s footwork in traffic and silky kicks are impressive but am I the only one to notice he actually struggles with handballs.

Last edited:

Often looks dis interested.
Unbelievable statement.

His footy brain is that of an inexperienced player and he can make skill errors, but to question Picketts attack on the game is plain wrong. Dude is at every contest, throwing himself at every ball.

Unbelievable statement.

His footy brain is that of an inexperienced player and he can make skill errors, but to question Picketts attack on the game is plain wrong. Dude is at every contest, throwing himself at every ball.
It`s just his quiet, laconic nature I think.
I’m yet to be convinced , spends plenty of time watching when he could impact. Particularly when he doesn’t have the footy .

Is growing week by week. If he were a 21-22 year old mature age recruit the moments of quality he has would be talked up a lot more and the expectation would be that after 20-30 games those moments of quality would occur more often. The fact that he is 28/29 doesn't change that he is stepping up from a lower level and needs time to adjust to the pace to become a more consistent player, I think there is still much more to come from Pickett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is looking like he’s starting glide over the ground. Looked silky tonight, game awareness improving as he’s picking up the pace of AFL vs WAFL

I enjoy that he has a bit of mongrel in him too. Yeah he might give away some free kicks but he also hurts opposition players if they take too long on the ball. From the ABC story about him, the WAFL coach also mentioned this - that Pickett is a scary bastard on field. Love it!

has been getting low-mid teens and nearly a goal a game since he came back. you could probably translate that into high teens and a goal a game for a full size game, which i think we would all be happy with. tackle numbers are also right up there and he has taken some pretty good pack marks so the work rate is there. he looks laconic but i think he is genuinely working hard, he just holds onto the footy a bit too long sometimes.

i havent seen him at centre bounces much though, and his best plays in the gf came from him starting in the middle and pushing forward.

Best he has played when a game was in the balance , albeit the unnecessary high tackle to Ellis on the boundary line In the last .
That level of intensity including when the opposition has the footy is what he needs to provide consistently .
Selected his target well. All of us knew from experience Ellis was no chance to score from there ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back